Premed 101 Forums

2011 Interview Discussion

• Replies 770
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think it is safe to conclude they've really dropped the ball on this and that anyone who hasn't heard back is getting rejected :/ that sucks - I think a lot of people with the high stats wouldn't have applied if they knew that the system would change (and that it's not just meeting GPA + cut-offs). Shady...

I wonder what's going on over there, I called about 30 minutes ago, still nothing, and there are some very high scoring applicants posting Rejections over in the other thread.

I think it is safe to conclude they've really dropped the ball on this and that anyone who hasn't heard back is getting rejected :/ that sucks - I think a lot of people with the high stats wouldn't have applied if they knew that the system would change (and that it's not just meeting GPA + cut-offs). Shady...

Don't agree with this. High stats + extra $60 (or whatever it was) for a good chance at an interview at an Ontario school. Makes every sense to apply.

Guest Please1

I think it is safer not to call. It is possible that someone with an invite who calls would be hit with a rejection e-mail as well. The Queen's admissions office seems to have too much to handle.

I think it is safer not to call. It is possible that someone with an invite who calls would be hit with a rejection e-mail as well. The Queen's admissions office seems to have too much to handle.

No medical school would ever do that. They invite you because they like you. They WANT you to come to their school. Each medical school wants the best applicants so it doesnt make sense to rescind an invite just because you were anxious and nervous (like thousands of other premeds...) and decided to call in.

Guest Please1

Not rescind but by accident like yesterday

No medical school would ever do that. They invite you because they like you. They WANT you to come to their school. Each medical school wants the best applicants so it doesnt make sense to rescind an invite just because you were anxious and nervous (like thousands of other premeds...) and decided to call in.

For what it's worth, when I called, I asked if they would be able to disclose whether all invites were sent out yesterday. They said not all invites were sent, but I think we have reason to doubt that right now.

We've heard so many different things from the office. I don't think there's any way of discerning what is correct or not; we'll just have to wait. It does seem to be overwhelmingly probably that anyone who hasn't heard will get a rejection, though.

We've heard so many different things from the office. I don't think there's any way of discerning what is correct or not; we'll just have to wait. It does seem to be overwhelmingly probably that anyone who hasn't heard will get a rejection, though.

First, I wanted to say that no one should be speculating that people who have not heard yet will be rejected. They should hear first hand from the school, not someone who called just to find out they were rejected. It is an awful situation to feel as though calling caused or perhaps led to getting a R e-mail.

This has been a terrible informing process, but I truly believe that no one should be so impatient as to call them or e-mail them. They have a ton of work to do, and I will promise you that they will let you know when they mean to.

Queens typically interviews over 500 people (524 to be exact) and we have no idea if all invites have gone out yet. I think the only thing that is safe to say is that they are not finished informing and you may get an invitation or you may not.

Leave the interview discussion thread for discussion, and the rejected interview stat thread for what it is intended for. If there are problem, then let the admissions know how you felt.

I'm sorry if people are upset with any news they have received. This is a brutally honest process and it seems there are quite a few strong applicants here. I wish everyone the best, but be patient, and lets not cause mass hysteria.

Ab

They just updated the 'Method of Selection' page on their website about 20 minutes ago.

Removed all the references to 'meeting this cutoff gets you sent to the next review stage'

Still doesn't mention ECs though ...

Why are they spending time updating the website and not getting their e-mail system fixed?

I'm just as anxious as everyone else, but I just went back to the original email sent to applicants in November:

"We will continue to release our results periodically and anticipate that all decisions will be made by late January, 2011. ... In the event that you have not heard from us by the end of January, 2011, please contact our office at queensmd@queensu.ca."

As much of a nightmare as this process has been for many people, technically Queens is still on track as far as their proposed schedule.

Like many people here, I have yet to receive a response from them. But it seems reasonable to wait until next Tuesday before sending emails and making phone calls to the office.

Archived