Premed 101 Forums

2011 Interview Discussion

• Replies 770
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That was my point. If the cutoff is 9 10 9 Q then there must be close to 800 people making the cutoff and they only want to interview 500.

All I can say is that those numbers have never been published. Are you getting these numbers from somewhere anecdotally, you are actually not contributing to this form. 525 has been a published value by Queens over the last 5 years.

Please do not write information on here that is speculation. That has been half the problem on here today.

Good luck guys with the applications.

Ab

You should recheck your data there! Two years ago they interviewed about 800, and from good sources it appears they're going for 480. :)

I believe aKDH posted the 480 number. From what I know she is a respectable member of UofT life sci forums (BIOME and UTHub) so I would say she wouldn't simply pull a number out of the hat and post it here.

not trying to stress people out anymore then they already are, but a friend of mine told me one of his friends got an invite email this morning. So cheer up maybe its not all doom and gloom afterall. There could be good reason for queens inaction right now afterall.

All I can say is that those numbers have never been published. Are you getting these numbers from somewhere anecdotally, you are actually not contributing to this form. 525 has been a published value by Queens over the last 5 years.

Please do not write information on here that is speculation. That has been half the problem on here today.

Good luck guys with the applications.

Ab

It appears you are the one spreading the misinformation. So before you go lecturing someone else you should check your info. They interviewed close to 800 people the last time it was a Q, 760 to be exact.

I believe aKDH posted the 480 number. From what I know she is a respectable member of UofT life sci forums (BIOME and UTHub) so I would say she wouldn't simply pull a number out of the hat and post it here.

aKDH is also a first year med student at Queen's this year I believe, so I think he/she may have legit information.

not trying to stress people out anymore then they already are, but a friend of mine told me one of his friends got an invite email this morning. So cheer up maybe its not all doom and gloom afterall. There could be good reason for queens inaction right now afterall.

Did they just get a single email with an invite, or did they just check their email this AM and see all of the emails at once?

Okay, well Im not trying to mislead anyone. I just don't think the right thing to do is to go on anecdotal evidence. I think that is a very fair comment. A first year student (when it comes to the admissions process, unless they are on the committee) should not be considered reliable.

good luck with the applications guys and keep your heads up!

Ab

I'm sorry for all the controversy my comment has caused. I happened to ask a friend of mine who has direct communications with the admissions office and I was told that this year they are interviewing 480 people. I will try to verify this number tomorrow.

I'm sorry for all the controversy my comment has caused. I happened to ask a friend of mine who has direct communications with the admissions office and I was told that this year they are interviewing 480 people. I will try to verify this number tomorrow.

Thank you for the clarification. Your help is much appreciated.

Hey,

I received a fourth email from Queens at 4:30 pm on January 27th confirming the confirmation of my interview invitation.

Here is what it says before the invite information.

Please be advised that this is a second confirmation notice to ensure that

you receive this message. Due to technical difficulties we could not confirm

that our original message was sent.

Otto

Will you let us know if you receive a 2nd confirmation of reection and a third confirmation of acceptance. ;) Boy, these guys must feel awful but not nearly as badly as the victims they had created.

The admissions cycle will forever be known as the year of the Queen's Qerfuffle

That's really great of you to try and verify for us. Thanks.

Just tried calling the admissions office. Surprise surprise no one picked up. Same voice mail running as yesterday just saying to send them an email if you haven't received anything. I pretty much know its a rejection now...but the matter of courtesy is still important to me and I want some kind of a response.

Archived