Premed 101 Forums

2011 Interview Discussion

• Replies 770
  • Created
  • Last Reply
A fourth e-mail and then silence is pretty much confirmation that all the invites went out yesterday. Abandon all hope ye who enter here.

Can we please stop being so defeatist? If all that were left were rejections, I think they would have told us by now (one simple email- if you didn't hear from us yesterday, then sorry! Better luck next time/elsewhere). And yes, the few who did hear from Queens today were rejected- however, lets be honest, most of the responses were going to be rejections anyways, so such a small sampling of people is no way to determine whether or not there are no invitations left at all.

For all we know they may just be 'redoing' things. Maybe they are just starting at the beginning again and working their way through as many people as they can manage. Just because people received a fourth confirmation does not mean they were the only ones invited- in light of the debacle this entire ordeal has been, Queens might just want to make sure that those who were sent decisions previously actually received them, before moving on to the rest of us.

But in the end, so long as we are not sitting in the actual admissions office, we have no freakin clue what is going on there. Some speculation is fine- lets face it, that's what this website is based off. However, remember that this is a very, very intense and emotional process for a lot of people. The last thing we need right now are broad, and completely unsupported proclaimations of defeat.

Does the second confirmation read the same as the first confirmation?

No, the first confirmation (3rd email) stated that there was a glitch in the system and contained a brief apology. The 2nd confirmation (4th email) contained this in the beginning:"Please be advised that this is a second confirmation notice to ensure that you receive this message. Due to technical difficulties we could not confirm that our original message was sent." and afterwards had portions of the very first invite email with interview details such as booking and interview dates.

Can we please stop being so defeatist? If all that were left were rejections, I think they would have told us by now (one simple email- if you didn't hear from us yesterday, then sorry! Better luck next time/elsewhere). And yes, the few who did hear from Queens today were rejected- however, lets be honest, most of the responses were going to be rejections anyways, so such a small sampling of people is no way to determine whether or not there are no invitations left at all.

For all we know they may just be 'redoing' things. Maybe they are just starting at the beginning again and working their way through as many people as they can manage. Just because people received a fourth confirmation does not mean they were the only ones invited- in light of the debacle this entire ordeal has been, Queens might just want to make sure that those who were sent decisions previously actually received them, before moving on to the rest of us.

But in the end, so long as we are not sitting in the actual admissions office, we have no freakin clue what is going on there. Some speculation is fine- lets face it, that's what this website is based off. However, remember that this is a very, very intense and emotional process for a lot of people. The last thing we need right now are broad, and completely unsupported proclaimations of defeat.

You're right we don't know anything. Just the frustration coming out. I'm as emotionally involved in this as the next guy, I'm a grad student with a lower GPA but great MCAT's. Queen's was supposed (based on previous years) to be my sure shot at an interview. I know neronix is still on here somewhere shaking his/her head, but you can't tell me that most people didn't think that going in. I've just spent two days wanting to vomit, was told today on the phone that I would hear, and now nothing. Discouraging as s**t.

You're right we don't know anything. Just the frustration coming out. I'm as emotionally involved in this as the next guy, I'm a grad student with a lower GPA but great MCAT's. Queen's was supposed (based on previous years) to be my sure shot at an interview. I know neronix is still on here somewhere shaking his/her head, but you can't tell me that most people didn't think that going in. I've just spent two days wanting to vomit, was told today on the phone that I would hear, and now nothing. Discouraging as s**t.

+1 Same boat as you

Sorry, this thread is too long to read,

but to those saying that Queen's didn't do anything today, I received an email about an hour ago as SECOND confirmation (since the rejection, invite, confirmation) yesterday. I think they are still sorting through the screw ups from yesterday, for those of you who haven't heard from them yet, have faith!

Archived