Premed 101 Forums

2011 Interview Discussion

• Replies 770
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I just find it really frustrating that they find it more important to message people who already HAVE interviews rather than putting the rest of us out of our misery

well, the people who have interviews need to have time to plan when they want to sign up for an interview. so they are the priority. It doesnt affect anything other than our egos to hold off on the rejections until interviews are sorted out.

For those of us that didn't hear anything yesterday, it's strange that pretty much none of us heard anything today either. Basically nothing new, invite or rejection, seems like it went out today.

I think this demonstrates there might still be systematic problems with their computers and maybe, just maybe there is some chance, however slim, that there might still be invites.

For those of us that didn't hear anything yesterday, it's strange that pretty much none of us heard anything today either. Basically nothing new, invite or rejection, seems like it went out today.

I think from the Invited/Rejected thread that some people did get rejections this morning.

well, the people who have interviews need to have time to plan when they want to sign up for an interview. so they are the priority. It doesnt affect anything other than our egos to hold off on the rejections until interviews are sorted out.

The people who got today's fourth email already had the third one to confirm, whereas some people have zero emails and are going nuts. Reassuring people is nice, but so is having mercy on the ones who are going crazy in the dark still.

well this is us assuming that all that's left is rejections. let's be more optimistic. I don't get the feeling that all the invites have been sent yet, so maybe once they're done dealing with the clusterf*ck of yesterday and today they'll send out what's remaining.

People receiving a 4th email only confirms that their system is able to send emails to that group of people. There is no way of knowing whether that group is the only group of invited. It is very possible that there is another invited group that the system is unable to contact, hence no email.

People receiving a 4th email only confirms that their system is able to send emails to that group of people. There is no way of knowing whether that group is the only group of invited. It is very possible that there is another invited group that the system is unable to contact, hence no email.

I like that thinking

You're right we don't know anything. Just the frustration coming out. I'm as emotionally involved in this as the next guy, I'm a grad student with a lower GPA but great MCAT's. Queen's was supposed (based on previous years) to be my sure shot at an interview. I know neronix is still on here somewhere shaking his/her head, but you can't tell me that most people didn't think that going in. I've just spent two days wanting to vomit, was told today on the phone that I would hear, and now nothing. Discouraging as s**t.

I know its awful. And I can see how it's worse if you are near the predicted cutoffs (I am too). I think I let the stress get to me in my post to be honest...I wasn't mad at you, just really frustrated with this whole ordeal as it stands. We all just need to hang on- they've already made up their minds, all we need to do now is wait for them to get their s*** together...

well this is us assuming that all that's left is rejections. let's be more optimistic. I don't get the feeling that all the invites have been sent yet, so maybe once they're done dealing with the clusterf*ck of yesterday and today they'll send out what's remaining.

I agree. I think if all that were left were rejections it would be A LOT easier to sort out this mess and we all would have heard by now.

Also got the second confirmation...for a second my heart sank thinking they were going to reconsider the invite offer. Time stamp's 4:29
I thought this too. Queen's is messing with my mind.

To all those still waiting, I hope that more invites are comming and you get good news. Fingers crossed (although I know it's very difficult for most of you right now).

I also wish that was true, but after seeing somebody with great stats (I believe it was like 3.97 and 36S) getting rejected outright, I am really having doubts of all kinds now.

Maybe that was a mistake as well? Considering how crazy things have been it could be possible. Just sit tight- they've made their decision, we'll find out soon what that was.

Since they lowered the cutoffs and probably want to interview like 500 people, then naturally you would have to expect that the ABS must have played a big factor in cutting down those numbers. Assuming they didn't have people rate the ABS for their mere amusement.

With the lowered cutoffs, it would not be hard to hazard a guess that they had about 800 applicants making the cut. So alot of people with decent MCAT scores are going to get rejected. From 800 to 480 (posted in the other thread) is a 40% cut.

The question is how they made the cut. Was there a weighting system? or was everyone who made the MCAT cut on an even playing field and they just went straight to the ABS?

It sure seems like going forward that a Queens interview will no longer be a "guarantee" based on cut-offs. On the other hand getting an email or even the proper email from them for an interview is no longer a guarantee either :D

Since they lowered the cutoffs and probably want to interview like 500 people, then naturally you would have to expect that the ABS must have played a big factor in cutting down those numbers. Assuming they didn't have people rate the ABS for their mere amusement.

With the lowered cutoffs, it would not be hard to hazard a guess that they had about 800 applicants making the cut. So alot of people with decent MCAT scores are going to get rejected. From 800 to 480 (posted in the other thread) is a 40% cut.

The question is how they made the cut. Was there a weighting system? or was everyone who made the MCAT cut on an even playing field and they just went straight to the ABS?

It sure seems like going forward that a Queens interview will no longer be a "guarantee" based on cut-offs. On the other hand getting an email or even the proper email from them for an interview is no longer a guarantee either :D

based on the fact that my 4th email had a time stamp of 430 and no 4:29, i'm assuming there is a rank...sucks for me.

Maybe I'm wrong.

Queens interviews about 525 Applicants based on the last 5 years of data.

Not 400, not 800, not 300. Just over 525.

Ab

Queens interviews about 525 Applicants based on the last 5 years of data.

Not 400, not 800, not 300. Just over 525.

Ab

How many did they interview the last time the cutoff was a Q?

There cutoff seems to be 9 10 9 Q. That is fairly low and means they would have more people making the cutoff.

Archived