Premed 101 Forums

Post a picture of your office? :)

slikz

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply
D, as an ergonomist, I'd say you need a new chair... lol

My chair is awesome! Whats wrong with it??

Btw your place has no room. You need to push those heavy books off the table to make some room.

and also needs a lesson in grammar.

Layer /= Lair

Desoler. Maintenant je pratique plus en francais qu'en anglais. :P

I don't have any pictures... and with the holidays here its a wreck (presents everywhere, clothes not put away, etc)... moreso than usual

Of interest, my office also doubles as my brewery... I brew my own beer and wine, so in addition to paper and books everywhere, I also have 4 carboys full of wine/beer (23L each), cases of wine bottles and wine/beer kits everywhere!

I can't be the only premed who does this... I do my beer and wine from kits... the beer is very cheap (less than 1/2 price of what you would pay at the liquor store) and very tasty. Its a bit of effort, but I enjoy it. I have a hard time drinking commercial beer now, mainly because of the preservatives and the price. The wine is an ongoing experiment, and is considered more of an 'investment', since it takes over a year to hit its stride and be comparable to what you would buy for $10-12.

Its a great hobby! Listed on my med school application ;) I'll try and post a pic in the next couple days

My chair is awesome! Whats wrong with it??

Btw your place has no room. You need to push those heavy books off the table to make some room.

Your chair is damaged. lol.

And no... I'm never going to put my gorgeous books on the floor...lol.... I do most of my stuff on the comp anyway.... if i need to read, i hit the bed :D

and also needs a lesson in grammar.

Layer /= Lair

Ah, homophones; Eye no four students, its thee bane of they're existence, wen they make such Anne air. Eh knot sew my newt miss take fore hour spelling and grammar witch awl cant bare too reed. Ax like these make ewe realize that teachers should have besot us and tolled us to learn hour grammar in hour lessens, if not maid it eh cannon four us two. Had they naught taut mi, it mite bee hard to rede thee "storey" aye rote.;)

EDIT: If you have a problem reading that, read it aloud. It's so much easier!

Ah, homophones; Eye no four students, its thee bane of they're existence, wen they make such Anne air. Eh knot sew my newt miss take fore hour spelling and grammar witch awl cant bare too reed. Ax like these make ewe realize that teachers should have besot us and tolled us to learn hour grammar in hour lessens, if not maid it eh cannon four us two. Had they naught taut mi, it mite bee hard to rede thee "storey" aye rote.;)

I don't think I will ever decode this.....message? :confused:

I don't think I will ever decode this.....message? :confused:

LOL!

Well first of all a homophone is (according to dictionary.com): "one of a group of words pronounced in the same way but differing in meaning or spelling or both" (can also be known as a homonym)

So examples: their/there/they're

bare/bear

I/eye/aye

its/it's

four/for/fore

etc (there's TONS)

It helps if you read it out loud :)

List of common homonyms/homophones: http://www.cooper.com/alan/homonym_list.html

LOL!

Well first of all a homophone is (according to dictionary.com): "one of a group of words pronounced in the same way but differing in meaning or spelling or both" (can also be known as a homonym)

So examples: their/there/they're

bare/bear

I/eye/aye

its/it's

four/for/fore

etc (there's TONS)

It helps if you read it out loud :)

List of common homonyms/homophones: http://www.cooper.com/alan/homonym_list.html

You realize you're asking me to put MORE effort into this than I do into med school right? :P

Things that struck me:

1) That mofo is HUGE!

I decided to get a big one cos video editing is a pain with smaller ones. Too many panels and too much scrolling lol. I can also see dozens of pm101 threads all at once :D

2) You balanced a laptop on your subwoofer? :confused:

Temporarily. I decided to use it as a workstation but couldnt find anywhere to put it. Worse, there is a slanted cooler under the laptop LOL

3) Thats a serious pen organizer thing you got going there...

10 compartments!

10 compartments!

leon, vitamin tablets are scams. their binders prevent you from absorbing any appreciable amount in your gut.

This is a fun idea. Have to clean my desk first... hmm...

don't clean your desk. that ruins the candidness of the picture.

it may be messy but can you blame me? its exam time

IMG00127-20101213-0314.jpg

Love the dishes on the desk. LOL.

You guys are putting me to shame. All I am using is a corner of the kitchen table for my 'office'. I need to get a desk and make use of that corner of my livingroom.

Of course having an 'office' in my kitchen does have it's advantages. It is closer to the food. :)

I see you have that power bar that they were giving out for that energy usage promotion on campus lol

lol yes. First thing I did was take it off "power save mode" :D

it may be messy but can you blame me? its exam time

IMG00127-20101213-0314.jpg

:eek:

That room's a safety hazard!

leon, vitamin tablets are scams. their binders prevent you from absorbing any appreciable amount in your gut.

really? Doc recommended it to try to overcome my constant fatigue. I hardly take them though- I know it's nothing to do with vit/min deficiency.

Archived