Premed 101 Forums

Question

Just curious, the ottawa websites mentions interviews in March. I was wondering what weekends have they used in the past? Also, is it alphabetical in terms of the interview days and if so what has it been in the past e.g was the first cutoff letter H or something?

Thank you

Just curious, the ottawa websites mentions interviews in March. I was wondering what weekends have they used in the past? Also, is it alphabetical in terms of the interview days and if so what has it been in the past e.g was the first cutoff letter H or something?

Thank you

Ottawa has used more than weekends in the past - My interview was on a Tuesday. Wasn't ever able to find any particular logic to their interview days via lastname etc but maybe I was missing something :)

...someone who interviewed last year mentioned to me ottawa uses last names to order interviews...they were on Z by the beginning of april...

Ottawa has used more than weekends in the past - My interview was on a Tuesday. Wasn't ever able to find any particular logic to their interview days via lastname etc but maybe I was missing something :)

...someone who interviewed last year mentioned to me ottawa uses last names to order interviews...they were on Z by the beginning of april...
I also know someone who interviewed last year who's last name starts with a W. They were interview during the 2nd interview "block". I don't think it's alphabetical.

It follows a rough alphabetical scheme.

But certain people get priority to certain dates.... more or less meaning OOP's get weekend dates where as IP's get mid-week days. So it throws a few kinks in the alphabetical order.

As far as I understand, the idea behind interviewing on so many different days is to try to get the same interviewers seeing as many applicants as possible to provide a better level of standardization if possible.

Ditto what supafield said.

I remember my interview was early March last year, and most people were OOP, including myself. Most were from the Maritimes and a few from BC.

Supafield, what's up! Looking at the time stamp, you must have logged into PM101 after going home! ;) And when did you become a super moderator?

Archived