Premed 101 Forums

Value of the Full CV

Drakoulias

While we're all playing the waiting game until Feb. 4th, consider something that occurred to me during the application process:

We know that only our references, GPA, personal narrative abstract, and CV highlights go into determining who gets an interview.

According to the McGill website, to decide who gets in, the MMI is worth 80% and the Personal Narrative is worth 20%.

So that leaves me wondering where/if the full CV comes into play. I guess I can handle it either way, but it seems ridiculous if they ask for all the CV details and then don't use them!

I've been wondering the exact same thing! My guess is that they would look briefly at your whole CV in the preliminary review for interview decisions, but guide their attention towards those aspects mentioned in the CV highlights.

Just a guess, though!

I see the site has this sentence, "Applicants invited to interview have their full CV and submitted Personal Narratives scored as part their overall evaluation score." I guess the 20% or 25% includes the CV.

As for the preliminary selection, I am not sure the officers will go straight to the full versions. I guess they will first decide the files they will screen (based on the "hard, e.g. GPA" criteria), and then look at the abstracts; if necessary, full versions will be looked at should they want to know more.

This way, I am not sure they will even look at the Full CV at the beginning. But it all depends on how many people are applying, I guess. Given Franco applicants have their own three medical schools, I am not sure that many people would like to join McGill.

MCAT is what held back many francopphone applicants. This year is the beginning of a new era and I would assume that there will be a very substantial increase in the number of francophone applicants.

somehow my first mcat attempt was still noted on minerva.....uhhh not good:confused:

Archived