Premed 101 Forums

Impatient

MedPen

Hey guys,

Is anyone else having trouble waiting for 11 more days to hear if we got interviews or not? I submitted my application back in November since I applied to the MD/PhD program and the wait has gotten to the point where it is unbearable :P

I guess if you submitted your application on Jan. 15th, it's not that bad...or is it?

I'm pretty sure that the OOP interview-invites went out a bit earlier than the date listed on the website. But, then again, the turn-around was much longer for OOP than it is for IP, so I doubt that we should expect them too much before the 4th. Less than 3 weeks is a pretty short wait as far as med applications go!

I know that I'm getting ahead of myself here, but does anyone know when (ballpark) acceptance letters go out after the interviews? If this wait seems long, imagine the wait after the interview!

Ouf, that's a pretty killer wait. Where did you see the May 5th date listed? Just long enough to not be able to make real plans for the year ahead until the last minute.

You'd think that it would take a long time to sift through the initial applications to decide on interview invites, with all the referee reports, grades, abstracts, etc, but that it would be pretty straight forward afterwards since the interview scores are presumably calculated more or less on the spot. I would assume that after the interview, all that's really left to do is scoring the personal narratives to calculate the 80/20 total. I guess it's the other way around.

I'm not sure how much you can gather from last year's applications, since all the dates have been shifted quite a bit this year. Last year, I'm pretty sure that IP interview invites only went out in March and the interviews were only in April, so it makes sense that decisions wouldn't be till May. (see http://www.premed101.com/forums/showthread.php?t=40422&page=3).

I know I'm getting way ahead of myself, but I'm hoping that since interviews are almost two months earlier this year, they'll have final decisions a bit earlier too.

I'm not sure how much you can gather from last year's applications, since all the dates have been shifted quite a bit this year. Last year, I'm pretty sure that IP interview invites only went out in March and the interviews were only in April, so it makes sense that decisions wouldn't be till May. (see http://www.premed101.com/forums/showthread.php?t=40422&page=3).

I know I'm getting way ahead of myself, but I'm hoping that since interviews are almost two months earlier this year, they'll have final decisions a bit earlier too.

Quebec med schools start sending admission offers no earlier than May 15.

I guess the increase in the number of applicants is not as much as the out-of-province and international pools -- it does not trigger a twitter post.

I have been hoping for a tweet of any kind actually. I'll take anything that sheds some light on what's going on with respect to the assessment of our applications...

I have been hoping for a tweet of any kind actually. I'll take anything that sheds some light on what's going on with respect to the assessment of our applications...

So have I! I was expecting them to update their page like they did for the OOP/int. I guess they are busy ranking our files and the MMI today. I can't wait till Feb 4th!!!

So have I! I was expecting them to update their page like they did for the OOP/int. I guess they are busy ranking our files and the MMI today. I can't wait till Feb 4th!!!

I guess it makes sense that nothing was announced before the OOP interviews since I am sure the people over at admissions are crazy busy. I hope starting tomorrow they focus on us :P Hey, admissions, we are feeling a little neglected here :P

Archived