Premed 101 Forums

Gay friendly hotels

tooty

didn't know some hotels can be gay unfriendly..

That's becuase you've never tried to check into a hotel with a same sex partner, or held hands in public and been spat on, or or or... (or maybe you have, if so, I apologize).

For all the advances in rights, it's still a tough go. The gay-friendly hotels in are especially big with the US LGBT crowd as there are LOTS of non-gay-friendly hotels in certain areas there. It's good to know before you go that you will, in fact, have a reservation when you arrive, that it won't have mysteriously disappeared, and that the hotel is "full".

I think some of you might be more sheltered Canadians (no offence) and haven't traveled enough. Even if you go to the American deep south like: Alabama, Mississippi, Arkansas, see how gay friendly they will be. Even Taxes, I've heard it can get ugly for gay people. There's still plenty of ignorant people in this world...

I think some of you might be more sheltered Canadians (no offence) and haven't traveled enough. Even if you go to the American deep south like: Alabama, Mississippi, Arkansas, see how gay friendly they will be. Even Taxes, I've heard it can get ugly for gay people. There's still plenty of ignorant people in this world...

I'm gonna assume you meant Texas. Because I doubt gays pay more taxes, haha

That's becuase you've never tried to check into a hotel with a same sex partner, or held hands in public and been spat on, or or or... (or maybe you have, if so, I apologize).

For all the advances in rights, it's still a tough go. The gay-friendly hotels in are especially big with the US LGBT crowd as there are LOTS of non-gay-friendly hotels in certain areas there. It's good to know before you go that you will, in fact, have a reservation when you arrive, that it won't have mysteriously disappeared, and that the hotel is "full".

This.

I think some of you might be more sheltered Canadians (no offence) and haven't traveled enough....There's still plenty of ignorant people in this world...
And this.

I've seen 1st hand a couple be refused a room at a big name hotel (the Hilton, maybe?) because they were both men.

there was a news story discussing the idea of "gaycations" through travel agencies that specialize in building gay friendly vacations.

apparently, it's quite lucrative for the travel agencies because gay couples have a lot more disposable income.

i think it's bogus that there has to be a differentiation made... why can't we all just get along. silly ignorance.

Gays should have equal rights. However, I think one of the problems with vacationing as a gay couple is the effect it has on family environments.

Many parents prefer not to expose their children to gay culture. And if a gay couple is vacationing at your hotel and you're there with your children.. then that makes it very difficult. And hotels will obviously loose money if the majority of their clients (families) choose not to stay at their hotels..

I don't know the solution, but I'm just stating one of the problems..

Well, um, not to get too technical, but if you can't get married and you have to declare 2 incomes separately, you will pay more taxes... :D

Only if both people don't earn more than the highest marginal tax bracket - so for two gay doctors who partner it would have no impact I guess :)

Archived