Premed 101 Forums

Tim Hortons on ma mind

juice

i like timmy's but their roll up the rim promotion is the biggest scam in human history.

How so? I don't buy any more coffee from them during RUTR than I do normally, and in fact, I spend less money there because I win the odd coffee.

Tim Horton's coffee is foul. Spoken by a guy who used to get 3-4 coffees a day from Timmie's.

I don't care if it's more expensive. Starbucks is better (even though Starbucks still sort of sucks itself).

I have to agree with the first point. I do still drink it from time to time, twice since roll up started (1/2 so far). I didn't realize how bad it was until I started making my own coffee, which is what I drink mostly.

I do normally just get coffee since I don't like the food a whole lot... Also, before this roll up to win, I was a combined 1/41 for the past two contests. Ouch

i am not a fan of the food either, if i get a donut it is a honey glazed. Less carbs than a 'healthy' muffin, lasts just as long.

I get coffee anywhere. Coffee = my addiction. I can stop eating if i drink coffee...lol...sometimes I drink black, sometimes two cream, always extra large size serving.

Starbucks coffee is good, but just different. It has a stronger, more bitter taste. If I hit up SB to study, i usually get a venti fancy drink (cappucino with whole milk, maybe a latte if i want a meal) and then use my SB card to get a free refill of regular coffee. That way, it ends up costing the same as a tim's coffee.

i am not a fan of the food either, if i get a donut it is a honey glazed. Less carbs than a 'healthy' muffin, lasts just as long.

I get coffee anywhere. Coffee = my addiction. I can stop eating if i drink coffee...lol...sometimes I drink black, sometimes two cream, always extra large size serving.

Starbucks coffee is good, but just different. It has a stronger, more bitter taste. If I hit up SB to study, i usually get a venti fancy drink (cappucino with whole milk, maybe a latte if i want a meal) and then use my SB card to get a free refill of regular coffee. That way, it ends up costing the same as a tim's coffee.

I'm an espresso girl, so I have trouble with any drip coffee.

I think coffee deserves its own thread. :)

BTW- can anyone actually read my avatar? Just curious.

I like espresso coffees too. However, there is a place and time for both types of coffee beverages (also only so much money in the bank to afford espressos lol)

i can't read your avatar, kyla...too teeny for me.

I get a box of 10 assorted timbits. Ususally I have a bottle of water with me, so I just drink that.

There's ____ much blood _____ _____ system?

Tim Horton's coffee is foul. Spoken by a guy who used to get 3-4 coffees a day from Timmie's.
Not disagreeing there, but...
I don't care if it's more expensive. Starbucks is better (even though Starbucks still sort of sucks itself).
guhhhuhhhHHHUUUHH. Starbucks coffee tastes like it was brewed through an ashtray. Most disgusting chain-store drip coffee you can get, IMO.

Mind you, I'm spoiled. Calgary/Alberta has a chain called Good Earth that makes very decent drip coffee. After that I have troubles drinking anything I didn't brew myself :/ Still, I'd take almost anything over Starbucks.

As for original topic, I like the black tea Tim's does. Can't stand most of the doughnuts since they started making them from frozen... they just make me sad for the old days. I do occasionally enjoy a sour cream glazed :)

I am a steeped tea kinda guy. Extra large steep tea with two milks and a chocolate european style danish.:D

Makes my day! yum.

The only thing I can say about starbucks is that IMO it is way overpriced and full of pretentious first years thinking that they are all sophisticated ordering a tripple whipped whatever latte - when they are just wasting there money. Plus - Second Cup - makes a mean mochochino when I am not in the mood for tea.

I love Tim Hortons. Can't really say what my favorite thing to get would be... it depends on what I'm craving at the moment. Things I like are the potato bacon soup, cheese bagel with butter (very fattening though) and the toasted chicken club sandwich. I usually get regular coffee or English toffee for drinks. Love the roll up the rim promotion too. Right now.. 1/3!

ditto, i use to drink it a lot then didn't for two years, i drank their coffee last week and it tasted like piss, then i remembered the only reason i use to like their coffee was how buzzed it got me, but then you crash like 2 hrs later (and it's weird cause i drink 6-10 shots of espresso + coffee a day and i never feel "high" on coffee, but w/ timmies there's definitely a bit of euphoria after you finnish one)

Archived