Premed 101 Forums

Interview attire

CREA.tive

Hey guys!

I know this sounds crazy, but what do most CEGEP students wear for the interviews?

It seems that a suit is the obvious answer, but I don't want to be the only one:p

Go with a suit. You can't go wrong and that's what most people wear. Though I do recall seeing someone wear jeans.

Yeah, wear a suit unless you really really feel uncomfortable in it.

All thanks!

Some people have told me that a suit is not necessary for girls, but it looks like I will have to wear one:D

There were definitely lots of girls who didn't dress in suits. Some wore appropriate length skirts and a dress shirt or blouse. Guys though, all in suits.

There were definitely lots of girls who didn't dress in suits. Some wore appropriate length skirts and a dress shirt or blouse. Guys though, all in suits.

Were they from university or CEGEP?

I guess that 18-year old kids don't dress the same way as "real adults":p

Were they from university or CEGEP?

I guess that 18-year old kids don't dress the same way as "real adults":p

Sorry for misleading you. I didn't apply to McGill. My observations were from other interviews I was at this year... I assume McGill interviews will have a similar dressing group of interviewees. And when I say "lots" I mean no where near the majority but much more than I expected.

Sorry for misleading you. I didn't apply to McGill. My observations were from other interviews I was at this year... I assume McGill interviews will have a similar dressing group of interviewees. And when I say "lots" I mean no where near the majority but much more than I expected.

Someone was in jeans and a shirt at my interview (McGill); and was admitted! However, just dress in a suit if your a guy. About 80% of male CEGEP interviewees were in suits if I recall correctly.

Someone was in jeans and a shirt at my interview (McGill); and was admitted! However, just dress in a suit if your a guy. About 80% of male CEGEP interviewees were in suits if I recall correctly.

You could also dress with a nice dark shirt / black pants / black shoes

http://www.productionapprentice.com/...ressblacks.jpg

Do you remember how girls were dressed?

• 2 weeks later...
They read the forums too I think!

Can you share with us what they told you? :P

From the email:

As this is a professional interview, making a good first impression in key, but because the M³I can be considered a more “active” or “engaged” interview process, we invite you to dress comfortably yet neat and pulled together. Examples of the dress code, for women: a reasonable length skirt (not mini-skirt) or full-length trousers of a non-jean material combined with a top (e.g. a dress shirt, polo shirt, or sweater set) is considered acceptable. An informal dress with appropriate skirt length is also acceptable. For men: a collared shirt (such as a dress shirt or polo shirt) with dress/suit pants or trousers. A blazer or business jacket can optionally be added. For all: ties are not necessary; no cargo pants, jeans, or gym/aerobic wear. Your shoes should be sensible, comfortable yet professional-looking; something in which you would be okay walking around for hours. No running shoes, “street” shoes (e.g. typical Converse, DC, etc.), beach/summer shoes (e.g. sandals, flip-flops, etc.) or shoes that leave scuff marks.

In short, something professional yet flexible; something in which you can move around freely yet leave a good impression. Out of respect for those who may be sensitive to smells, please keep perfumes and colognes to an minimum.

Here's what they told us :

As this is a professional interview, making a good first impression in key, but because the M³I can be considered a more “active” or “engaged” interview process, we invite you to dress comfortably yet neat and pulled together. Examples of the dress code, for women: a reasonable length skirt (not mini-skirt) or full-length trousers of a non-jean material combined with a top (e.g. a dress shirt, polo shirt, or sweater set) is considered acceptable. An informal dress with appropriate skirt length is also acceptable. For men: a collared shirt (such as a dress shirt or polo shirt) with dress/suit pants or trousers. A blazer or business jacket can optionally be added. For all: ties are not necessary; no cargo pants, jeans, or gym/aerobic wear. Your shoes should be sensible, comfortable yet professional-looking; something in which you would be okay walking around for hours. No running shoes, “street” shoes (e.g. typical Converse, DC, etc.), beach/summer shoes (e.g. sandals, flip-flops, etc.) or shoes that leave scuff marks.

And yeah maybe they read this forum... Who knows!

EDIT : CREA.tive, tu es plus rapide que moi!!

I know some people who went to the interview in jeans and still got accepted. I believe they just want to address a concern that many applicants have.

I'd like to see if everyone is going to be in suit again this year. Obviously, it's the awesome way to go.

Archived