Premed 101 Forums

Proposed MMI Station

RyanMaverick

Ok,

So I got this idea from the beginning of the UofA video seen here:

Here's my proposal:

During the MMI there should be one station that is actually a dance station similar to the video. The applicants wouldn't know about it, so they'd all go in super serious trying to bust out some serious moves; however the station itself wouldn't be marked at all. The benefits would be threefold.

1) It'd allow the MMI to select for applications who are able to respond to situations outside their element as well as "move on quickly".

2) It'd be incredibly entertaining for the "evaluators" (who would be current medical students).

3) The station would be recorded and the videos of all the accepted candidates would be compiled and all the new 1st years could watch it together at a big ice-breaking party.

I am totally serious about this - how sweet would this be! Anybody have any further thoughts?

i think i deserve partial credit, at least for my music suggestion, i believe it was:

that would make for an interesting station indeed, and weren't the interviewers supposed to dance with the interviewees? :cool:

I know its only been 3 posts, but i really think this is one of my best ideas to date - and that's sayin something.

Completely agree with Para D. I think a talent portion would be awesome, and I would 100% vote for that. If someone put on their application that they have been playing the piano since they were in their mother's womb I think they should have to prove that they're at least decent at piano. Also, it would definitely show how we perform under pressure (but I guess the whole MMI process does that already, but this is in a different kind of pressure, the pressure of meeting pre-existing expectations of you from what your application says). I think it would be really fun!

I'm with lost, unless we can just make it a general talent portion. That way they could have a chance to see who is BSing on their activities section too.

Completely agree with Para D. I think a talent portion would be awesome, and I would 100% vote for that. If someone put on their application that they have been playing the piano since they were in their mother's womb I think they should have to prove that they're at least decent at piano.

AAgghhhh! Are they going to make me run 50km on treadmill, or do an ironman? :D

Archived