Premed 101 Forums

Questions About LMCCQE Part 1 Studying from US 4th Year

Hey all,

I'm a Canadian studying in the US and taking Part 1 in a couple weeks and had a few issues I was hoping people could address:

1. The Public Health and Preventive Medicine in Canada book by Shah is quite a lengthy book. I've heard it's important to review it for the exam, but are there particularly relevant chapters/sections?

2. I've heard about practice questions passed amongst Canadian students. Are these useful? Any chance anyone could send me a private message about these if they're willing to share?

Thanks!

I did not read Shah, instead relying on my school's lecture notes and TO notes. The book may be more important for you as your school will not have covered this material. You may wish to look at the CLEO objectives: http://www.mcc.ca/en/exams/objectives/c2leo-e.htm

I also did not use any practice questions aside from the sample questions on the MCCQE website. Part 1 is not that recall-dependent.

thanks for the link lactic folly. that's definitely helpful! I looked at the CLEO objectives, but was still a bit unclear as to whether there are some must-know stats/ epidemiological data regarding the Canadian heath system (e.g. for the USMLE, it's important to know some basiscs such as the most common cancers/ causes of cancer death in the US)

Thanks!

You could also take a look at the general objectives for the MCC (there are a few under Population Health):

http://www.mcc.ca/Objectives_Online/objectives.pl?lang=english&loc=contents

Some basic epidemiological knowledge (covered in Shah) would be good to have, but I don't really remember the extent required. I just remember several questions on medicine and the law. Maybe someone else who is more current can chime in.

Archived