Rejected via student center no email.

My stats:

89.11% best 2 years

19 AA

18 RC

Interview: felt like it went great but guess it didn't

Honours degree

Highly positive trend

My DAT is below average (by 1 point) but that's only worth 15%... My gpa is exacly equal to last year's accepted average. I'm in shock right now, how could this be possible unless I got 0 on the interiview (which I didn't I answered all questions clearly and 5-6 min and the interviewers seemed really happy with my answers). ...what happened???

My stats:

89.11% best 2 years

19 AA

18 RC

Honours degree

Highly positive trend

My DAT is below average (by 1 point) but that's only worth 15%... My gpa is exacly equal to last year's accepted average. I'm in shock right now, how could this be possible unless I got 0 on the interiview (which I didn't I answered all questions clearly and 5-6 min and the interviewers seemed really happy with my answers). ...what happened???

pretty sure it was your interview :( Im sorry to hear that Cdent :( we were all routing for you, perhaps in a few days email and ask what the weakest part of your application was. (it may have been the fact that your AA was below average and your interview was also below average) :(

Edit: did you also have full course loads for both those years?

wow, with those stats... you must have not done so hot in the interview :S

Sorry to hear that (does it actually say rejected? or nothing?)

It's funny, because I thought I had a better interview with UWO than UT, and I made the waiting list for UT. It says "Not Offered Admission". With a big red X lol.

Did you find out via email or student center?

Student center.

hey blaze whats 20 and 23? your AA and RC?

and whats your best 2 year percentage?

AA 20 PAT 23

Reading was 18, that may have brought me down. Also I applied as a third year so that also probably worked against me.

Oh well. I'm currently #17 on UT waiting list so hopefully that will work out.

My stats:

89.11% best 2 years

19 AA

18 RC

Honours degree

Highly positive trend

Sorry to hear that Pal. I thought you would be in for sure.

It's funny, because I thought I had a better interview with UWO than UT, and I made the waiting list for UT. It says "Not Offered Admission". With a big red X lol.

Student center.

AA 20 PAT 23

Reading was 18, that may have brought me down. Also I applied as a third year so that also probably worked against me.

Oh well. I'm currently #17 on UT waiting list so hopefully that will work out.

UT moves mid 20's doesnt it? im sure ull get in. yea i think 3rd year and your interview was the difference (im 3rd year, pretty sure my % is lower than ures and im only AA 21)

Well thanks for the support guys ya im pretty crushed right now. I thought I had a good shot this year as I shared my stats with everyone and had a lot of positive feedback.

Ya i had full courseloads all the time

Ill email western to see what happened in a few days.

Well congrats to all who got accepted and waitlist. wish u guys well.

CDent2010, I'm so sorry you didn't get in... Your stats are not bad and I truly thought you were in... :(

My stats:

89.11% best 2 years

19 AA

18 RC

Honours degree

Highly positive trend

My stats:

89.11% best 2 years

19 AA

18 RC

Honours degree

Highly positive trend

wow your stats are near identical to mine... def ask them wtf happened in the interview maybe there could be a mistake, you seem like a pretty cool dude

Waitlisted

Best two years: 89.5

science DAT: 20

interview: one of the best I had

I will be withdrawing my name from the WL since I already accepted to Saskatchewan... sorry for the people WL/rejected... And congrats on those accepted!

wow your stats are near identical to mine... def ask them wtf happened in the interview maybe there could be a mistake, you seem like a pretty cool dude

Thanks man. I know that was a huge shock to me. I was incredibly excited to go to dental school this year but I guess it wasn't my time... thanks for all the support you guys... Im feeling really strong emotions right now but I just want you guys to know that Ill never give up on my dream, even if I die trying.

CDent2010, that sucks. Your stats are certainly impressive. It jsut goes to show that the interview certainly does matter. You were good in every other respect, so don't lose hope. It means that you are easily admittable in the next cycle if you try again.

That said, I was granted an interview off of the interview waitlist (ie. I was only given an interview once someone had declined to attend their interview) so I was at the bottom of the pile in terms of GPA. But I was waitlisted; clearly the interview is not to be taken lightly.

Congrats to everyone and good luck! :o

Also, guys, I doubt that waitlist offers are going to come out before mid July right? I'm leaving for vacation on the 29th and won't be back until the 4th... I'll be out of the country so it'll be rather difficult to reach me via phone.

Uhhh okay. So I received the waitlist email, and I accepted the offer on Student Centre. But I just got another email from Trish saying that I was rejected outright.

I'm so confused right now.

Oh man,, I am so sorry to hear that clean up. Are u completely sure?

Oh man,, I am so sorry to hear that clean up. Are u completely sure?

Lol no. Because on Student Centre I have an accepted waitlist offer. The rejection was through email. I also received the waitlist email. Both were from Trish (although presumably they're automated template emails). I emailed her asking what on earth is going on... I hope the rejection email is the mistake.

I think it's sooo stupid that Western waits this long to send out invites and rejections, I mean by this time many have us have already made other plans, or forfeited other plans just on a whimisical hope of locking up a spot in the UWO dent class... I mean seriously, it's too late into the year to be trying to secure 'Plan B's... If the chances were better to get a spot then maybe I could understand but the chances of getting in aren't very good... I would have seriously considered UWO dent but I basically planned around it and have my whole next year set up already, deposits and down payments and all... Seriously someone should complain for reform because I can see a lot of people getting screwed by this setup

^ I'm hoping your student centre info is the correct one too. So bad for them to be making mistakes in such a stressful situation.

And I did hear that UWO is changing application procedure for next year and they will send out offers/waitlist results earlier.

I think it's sooo stupid that Western waits this long to send out invites and rejections, I mean by this time many have us have already made other plans, or forfeited other plans just on a whimisical hope of locking up a spot in the UWO dent class... I mean seriously, it's too late into the year to be trying to secure 'Plan B's... If the chances were better to get a spot then maybe I could understand but the chances of getting in aren't very good... I would have seriously considered UWO dent but I basically planned around it and have my whole next year set up already, deposits and down payments and all... Seriously someone should complain for reform because I can see a lot of people getting screwed by this setup

well, they are no longer looking at 4th yr marks, so decisions would come out much sooner next year.

Archived