Premed 101 Forums

Western offers

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

From what I hear, it goes down the rank. In other words, if you receive waitlist offer extremely late compared with others here, then most likely, you're in the back/end of the waitlist.

Last year, my friend waited and waited and got waitlisted, but didn't get in.

People who got waitlisted early during the offer sending out day got into dental school, whereas people who were waiting a long time for the waitlist offer to come out didn't get admitted (unfortunately).

Hey guys I have an idea. Since, western does not tell us anything about the waitlist why don't we make a separate post with all the waitlist persons? That way we'll know roughly how many peeps are on the waitlist, and to make it even better we can post our stats and see who gets off the waitlist. This way we could have a better idea of the application process.

Hey guys I have an idea. Since, western does not tell us anything about the waitlist why don't we make a separate post with all the waitlist persons? That way we'll know roughly how many peeps are on the waitlist, and to make it even better we can post our stats and see who gets off the waitlist. This way we could have a better idea of the application process.

Do it up

10 char

My last name starts with "A" and I got waitlisted between 11:30-12:00. So I wasn't the first one to get waitlisted..So, I'm pretty sure that the waitlist is not alphabetical..

It's definitely not alphabetical.

I was with my friend last year during the offer day when she was simultaneously on premed dental forum and refreshing student account page every minute.

People who had high gpa and DAT here started to post that they got accepted, waitlisted... and it kept going down to the list of people who had lower gpa/DAT (Don't know about interview score).

Mine says "keep dreaming". (ie rejected)

Stats: 3.95, 20, 23. Odd.

Congrats to those who got accepted and got waiting list.

wow, with those stats... you must have not done so hot in the interview :S

Sorry to hear that (does it actually say rejected? or nothing?)

apologies if you thought i was a troll. i only read the last page and didnt realize you were discussing whether status was changing across midnight. i only checked my status after midnight.

good luck though! i'll prob be declining my offer though so hopefully you'll want me to be more than a troll ;)

apologies if you thought i was a troll. i only read the last page and didnt realize you were discussing whether status was changing across midnight. i only checked my status after midnight.

good luck though! i'll prob be declining my offer though so hopefully you'll want me to be more than a troll ;)

I sure do;)

Archived