Premed 101 Forums

2011 Waitlist Thread

WOW GUYS! We are in business here! Okay, I only just skimmed over all the posts but I agree that it is odd that high priority waitlisters were given Windsor offers but I think someone up earlier said that they might be accounting for those with London offers who haven't responded yet. This in my opinion is probably the case. But I agree that it does not bode well that no more London offers are being given. I think at this point it is safe to say that the only London offers to be given from now on will be to those who were already given Windsor offers but had London as their preference (this happened to at least 3 people on the boards last year if I remember correctly). Sit tight folks, any minute it could be you next!

PS Thank you to everyone for their kind words and wishes, I appreciate the support and wish everyone goodluck on this forum. You guys are all amazing. And let me tell you, Having been through this before, I can say that this group of waitlisters kicks ass in how caring and generous they are. :)

• Replies 742
  • Created
  • Last Reply
PS Thank you to everyone for their kind words and wishes, I appreciate the support and wish everyone goodluck on this forum. You guys are all amazing. And let me tell you, Having been through this before, I can say that this group of waitlisters kicks ass in how caring and generous they are. :)

I just had this moment where I tried to find a "like" button...

Team UWO Wait List for the win! :D

WOW GUYS! We are in business here! Okay, I only just skimmed over all the posts but I agree that it is odd that high priority waitlisters were given Windsor offers but I think someone up earlier said that they might be accounting for those with London offers who haven't responded yet. This in my opinion is probably the case. But I agree that it does not bode well that no more London offers are being given. I think at this point it is safe to say that the only London offers to be given from now on will be to those who were already given Windsor offers but had London as their preference (this happened to at least 3 people on the boards last year if I remember correctly). Sit tight folks, any minute it could be you next!

Agree :) And I think everyone here needs a hug right now

Hey guys. I got in off the high wait-list right now. I was offered a spot at Windsor Campus. I'm suprised they are full in London already lol. There must not be many people that declined. Anyways, woohoo lol. Hope everyone else hears good news.

Congratulations Inception :)

May I ask at what time you received the call?

Congratulations Inception :)

May I ask at what time you received the call?

About 10:20 am. To all the other high wait-listers out there, I think around 10 am is the prime time for acceptance lol. For example, I was out late last night (till 2:30 am) and was too lazy to wake up this morning but something inside me was like whatever just wake up and see what happens. I woke up and 20 minutes later I got a call (called i.d. said it was from UWO so it was obvious who it was lol). Anyways, my point is that for some reason people get accepted around 10 o'clock. So try to be around the phone at that time haha. Good luck guys!!

Following up on what I promised yesterday, I went through several Canadian med school Facebook groups (Queens, U of T, NOSM, Ottawa, McMaster, Calgary, UBC, Memorial, and Dalhousie) and found 0 instances of individuals who are in both the UWO Facebook group and another group. It's possible that I missed someone, but even so, if that is true, I can't imagine it would be a huge number of people who are in multiple groups.

Facebook update: 109 total, 5 in Windsor.

Hey Tldus, aren't you high priority?? That seems odd if you haven't gotten a call yet....anyone know mehhh's credibility on here ? Now i'm scared they're trollin' us...sorry if this is all crazy-talk.

I thought I posted already but I just saw it wasn't posted successfully :S

Yes, I was on the high-priority list and I got called at exactly 10:25 AM. I got offered a spot in Windsor as well. They said if spots in London open up, then they would give it out to WLs who put down London as their preferred campus, but I wonder if that would even happen..

Do we know if any offers have been made to the Windsor campus yesterday??

Do we have any idea if anyone received a call before you did, Inception? So far (based on the posts here) it seems like you were the first to receive the call today.

And I hope this doesn't sound too dumb, but I can't remember when we chose our preferred campus ... :S Did we do that on OMSAS? Coz I just checked my application again and I don't see it there.

Do we have any idea if anyone received a call before you did, Inception? So far (based on the posts here) it seems like you were the first to receive the call today.

I think you and I were both hoping we would get London campus tIdus. I asked Pam on the phone about whether it would be possible to get London and she said about 10 people switch each year. She said we should e-mail and tell them we would really like to get our campus preference if possible so I guess they know we are serious. Lets just hope for the best and congratulate ourselves in the meantime on getting accepted as it is no easy feat!!

And I hope this doesn't sound too dumb, but I can't remember when we chose our preferred campus ... :S Did we do that on OMSAS? Coz I just checked my application again and I don't see it there.

You chose the campus preference when you selected your interview dates...

Oops sorry. I just saw that we made our choice when we were on Single Sign-On. My bad!!

Guys I just got the call.

Pam just called me.

Time stamp is 11:51

and my preferred campus was London

but was offered Windsor!!!

I was on regular waitlist!

Pam told me there will more calls made today

so hang on tight!!!!!

CONGRATS! So good to see many PM101er's getting calls. This is so exciting!

Archived