Premed 101 Forums

Waitlisters United 2011

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

they will send you a letter asking you to confirm that you indeed want to stay on the waitlist and it will have some info about the WL process. It should take just a couple days to arrive.

WL moves quickly after first round offers go out but slows considerably after that. The rumours are that WL moves until school starts and even after it starts if a space opens!

Thus...you have a summer of waiting. GL!

i'm waitlisted too. so do we only get to know the final decision in september?? or do they keep notifying people as soon as a seat becomes available? waiting till september will be crazy!

And how fast does the UofA waitlist move? I heard at the interview that it does not move very much :S which I'm hoping is not true. Also, I'm OOP so wondering if the waitlist is different for OOP and IP students or is everyone pooled together at this point?

Thanks!

fingers crossed

They notify as seats become available. The length of time you have to reply is shorter than a first round offer and it only gets shorter as school approaches.

I read somewhere that first rounders have until May 31 to reply. Thus, you will not really start hearing until then. No fun but maybe good news awaits you.:D

No, the waitlist will start moving as soon as people start turning down their offers. And I believe past threads have said OOP waitlists for both Calgary and Alberta move quickly. I am going to be turning down my spot at U of A so there you go! (I'm OOP)

haha thanks soo much ozzie lol. so they do have separate waitlists for OOP and IP then? and does any one know how many people they waitlist? i'm trying to gauge the waitlist competition since they won't tell me my rank.

if its true that they notify along the way, it would be a big relief!

Thanks!

haha thanks soo much ozzie lol. so they do have separate waitlists for OOP and IP then? and does any one know how many people they waitlist? i'm trying to gauge the waitlist competition since they won't tell me my rank.

if its true that they notify along the way, it would be a big relief!

Thanks!

I called them as well to find out my position on the waitlist, haha! It never explicitly said not to call in the e-mail, so I figured I should try. I called Diane Baker and she was like... uhhh nooooo! We don't give that information out! :P She apologized and told me that it was a good point and they will include it NEXT YEAR. YIKES!!!! BAD OMEN!!!!! :P

Cheers.

"Documents are being sent out in today’s mail to your address listed in Bear Tracks which requires your response to us by May 31, 2011"

What are these documents that waitlisters need to respond to? I am going to be out of town and wondering if I need to get back into Edmonton to receive the package.

Good luck to all the waitlistee's here! I have gone through hell the past couple weeks waiting for the results, but at least being on a waitlist means hope (if not only for this year but that our applications ARE strong enough to compete in future years).

That being said, will they be giving more offers before may 31st? or do u think it will be shortly after

While watching CBC: Hope for the best. Prepare for the rest.

Just remember that you won't be on the waitlist if there wasn't a chance of getting in. People tend to forget that a lot. I hope you guys get in, especially you suzybella. Your posts wording reveal the intense stress that you are in, and also shows dedication, commitment... I'm sure you will get in this year, just wait it out. Keep yourself busy with something you love to do, and before you know, you will be there.

Oh and by the way, I know exactly who you are. ;)

I was actually going to post in the other thread. By mistake I typed here. In any case though my emotions stay the same: I so wish for waitlist movement like everyone on this thread.

How do you know me buddy?

I was actually going to post in the other thread. By mistake I typed here. In any case though my emotions stay the same: I so wish for waitlist movement like everyone on this thread.

How do you know me buddy?

Don't worry about it...I can see you right now at your computer. :P

Hey all, I talked to the office today and asked if the waitlist has started moving already. She said it hasn't. I guess the OOP accepted people who are declining the offer are just waiting for May 31? Come on guys! The wait is gruesome.

They have to receive the written documentation that the person is declining the offer. Therefore, we first have to receive the papers in the mail (which I still haven't received yet), then we have to fill them out and mail them back. I believe by June 2nd the waitlist will have started to move.

I hope this helps.

Cheers.

They have to receive the written documentation that the person is declining the offer. Therefore, we first have to receive the papers in the mail (which I still haven't received yet), then we have to fill them out and mail them back. I believe by June 2nd the waitlist will have started to move.

Oh, I thought that they would have some sort of online mechanism of accepting or rejecting the offers since that's what some other schools do. Why don't they make it electronic? Anyway, June 2nd is another date to look forward to. Back to more waiting.

Archived