Premed 101 Forums

Waitlisters United 2011

They have to receive the written documentation that the person is declining the offer. Therefore, we first have to receive the papers in the mail (which I still haven't received yet), then we have to fill them out and mail them back. I believe by June 2nd the waitlist will have started to move.

Oh, I thought that they would have some sort of online mechanism of accepting or rejecting the offers since that's what some other schools do. Why don't they make it electronic? Anyway, June 2nd is another date to look forward to. Back to more waiting.

Electronic would be sweet (with regards to quicker W/L movement), but apparently the sophisticated Bear Tracks system does not have this function! ;)

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just thought I would share this with you, sice I was quite surprised. I called the U of A admissions yesterday. In my conversation with the lady she informed me that no one had rejected an offer at the U of A as of 11:00 am

The offers have to be rejected by mail, the letters just got here this week, hang in there.
Yep. And some people likely haven't got their letters yet (OOP people).

Hey everyone,

Just an FYI, Canada Poste might go on strike on May 24. You should send your form in as soon as possible or it might not be delivered by May 31.

I'm sure that schools will be understanding and let you fax stuff in or something.

I think they will start emailing tomorrow (gathering from previous posts). NOw that they know how many vacant seats they have, they will email all the WL-accepted people at the same time right? and the rejected ones as well?

I just want tomorrow to come right now! Let's get over with the suspense :)

I think they will start emailing tomorrow (gathering from previous posts). NOw that they know how many vacant seats they have, they will email all the WL-accepted people at the same time right? and the rejected ones as well?

I just want tomorrow to come right now! Let's get over with the suspense :)

anyone accepted yet???

I called them, offers went out again this morning at10 am.... I didn't get one :(

I just spoke to Janice in the office. She told me that there has been some waitlist movement today, but she couldn't comment on which waitlist, because she didn't know. I have a strong feeling that this is In province movement. I think they might allow one day of grace for OOP applicants to get their forms in. They must be compiling everything today and sending them out first thing tomorrow at 9-9:30am, or in Ontario time 11-11:30am!

Just watch the game tonight, get some rest and hope for the best tomorrow!

GO CANUCKS!!!!! :D

Archived