Premed 101 Forums

Waitlisters United 2011

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Did you guys (those that got off from the waitlist)

Receive confirmation email from ualbetya people? Or did you just receive phone calls? Also did you already mail in your transcript and does it show as complete on your beartrack?

I received an email acknowledging my acceptance of a wailing position, but I still have not received an email acknowledging my offer acceptance. I mailed my transcript in last Monday, I haven't checked beaetracks yet... I received an email about acceptance, no phone call.

Sorry about both the short nature and any typos. I typed this entire comment on my cell phone :P.

There definitely is, I thought that my chances were nil a week after the May 31 deadline, but I got an offer yesterday! So they're still moving the waitlist little by little. I'll be dropping my spot at U of C, and that's bound to be someone else first choice, and I'm sure I'm not the only one in this situation so spots will eventually open up.

There definitely is, I thought that my chances were nil a week after the May 31 deadline, but I got an offer yesterday! So they're still moving the waitlist little by little. I'll be dropping my spot at U of C, and that's bound to be someone else first choice, and I'm sure I'm not the only one in this situation so spots will eventually open up.

But still... at this point aren't most seats filled?

Has there been anyone who got accepted off from the waitlist later in June?

Sigh... maybe it is time to move on to plan B :(

It moves all the way to August usually but the major "waves" of waitlist offers tend to stop after June. There will be a few people who get in with weeks to the start date.

But how realistic is it to keep hoping?

And when you say there are "waves" of waitlist acceptances, approximately how many people are we talking about? Does anyone have any idea how many % of waitlisters get off from waitlist?

At this point, does anyone have any approximate ideas about how many people have actually been accepted into the class?

But still... at this point aren't most seats filled?

Has there been anyone who got accepted off from the waitlist later in June?

Sigh... maybe it is time to move on to plan B :(

I know of someone who applied to the U of A a few years ago and was waitlisted until the 2nd week of August and was offered admission...you really never know.

I'd say most of the movement happens by Mid June - remember the 2 weeks that everyone is entitled to decide.

May 14

June 1 - big movement

June 15 - another push

Aug 1 - might see some movement

Anything after that and I think you are hoping that someone defers/withdraws due to personal reasons.

IP 4th+ pool

offered at 9am this morning.

MCAT 32N

cGPA 3.78

Good amount of extracurricular: hospital, student groups leader, orientation, youth shelter, senior home, 2 publications and various graduate student "job" related activities.

will be accepting.

This is my 4th time applying, waitlisted UofA and C last year. Rejected post-interview uofc this year!

There is hope! hang in there guys. I know how it sucks but you might be next! :)

yes they were! recievied mine at around 9:45 am... didn't get it until noon.

Accepted!

IP

cGPA 3.68

I graduated this spring 2011, but haven't been to university since summer 2010 (did my honors project)

MCAT 32R

Good references!

EC's: 400+ hours with student club tutoring, teaching, making practice exams, etc... 50 hours at ER in a hospital, 30 hours mentoring troubled highschool students, 750 hours for honors project in organic synthesis to make an anti diabetes drug, worked in a neuroscience lab in scotland (and recieved scholarship for it), lotssssss of travelling,

Felt the interview went perfectly, but due to my lower GPA i was not surprised to be waitlisted. This is my second time applying to med school, I applied in my fourth year to U of A and U of C, was rejected pre interview U of C and post interview by U of A.

This year I applied to all ontario schools, U of M, Sask, alberta and calgary and was rejected by all pre interview except U of A! So I am very happy to see you all in the fall :D

Archived