Premed 101 Forums

Waitlisters United 2011

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Im an in province... and hence a dumbie when it comes to any out of province schools... got rejected from every single ontario school pre interview :rolleyes:

this waiting is just torture for me :eek: i just want to know what alternative plans i need to make... although waitressing for the past year has been very intellectually stimulating ;)

Im an in province... and hence a dumbie when it comes to any out of province schools... got rejected from every single ontario school pre interview :rolleyes:

this waiting is just torture for me :eek: i just want to know what alternative plans i need to make... although waitressing for the past year has been very intellectually stimulating ;)

I have been working on my MSc. yo!!! Waiting tables is a very lucrative profession for a student!!! Be proud of that! :D

Thanks Para! Congrats on your acceptances too!! Hope parenting has been an enjoyable experience for you thus far, all the best :)

Hey Larrivee... did you got out for the dinner on Saturday? I might have sat across from you! If so, it's great to see you on the forum and best of luck with the rest of it!

On a different note, I think it's really ridiculous that the UofA has two separate waiting lists for OOPers....what bs! :P

I knew that they had a waitlist for IP 3rd years, but not OOP 3rd years... Unless you guys are in 3rd year, that doesn't help any of us! :D

Is there a separate 4th year and separate MSc./PhD waitlist as well?

I just declined my offer today - sorry it took me so long, it completely slipped my mind. I actually got a phone call from Diane asking me what I want to do with my offer. It's interesting that they didn't just automatically decline my offer after a certain date. Anyway, hopefully one of you guys get good news soon!

I knew that they had a waitlist for IP 3rd years, but not OOP 3rd years... Unless you guys are in 3rd year, that doesn't help any of us! :D

They have 4 waitlists in total- 3rd yr IP, 4thyr/MSc/PhD IP, 3rd yr OOP, 4th yr/MSc/PhD OOP. That's what Janice told me.

good luck everyone!

(any offers so far?)

They have 4 waitlists in total- 3rd yr IP, 4thyr/MSc/PhD IP, 3rd yr OOP, 4th yr/MSc/PhD OOP. That's what Janice told me.

good luck everyone!

(any offers so far?)

Oh ok. Sounds good! I haven't received an offer yet... :(. I am in the 4th year/MSc/PhD OOP list.

Hey Larrivee... did you got out for the dinner on Saturday? I might have sat across from you! If so, it's great to see you on the forum and best of luck with the rest of it!

On a different note, I think it's really ridiculous that the UofA has two separate waiting lists for OOPers....what bs! :P

Saturday I was at Green lake on my stag eating bear steak in a small cabin... I don't think I am the person who you saw lol. I went out for dinner friday and I was wearing a mini skirt, a breastplate, a pink wooly jacket a pink wig and was riding a horse trying to earn money to end my humiliation (this is not a joke, I have mean friends)

nope...

When I spoke to her on the phone she said they dont send out a wack of emails.... they send them out as they receive rejections in the mail or by phone...

She also said alot of ppl they have tocontact on the phone because they dont bother mailing in their rejection

hence... it could be a few days before people are finally contacted, or maybe they have a timeline they follow for the last day they can try to contact them....

ooooo jeeeeez

nope...

When I spoke to her on the phone she said they dont send out a wack of emails.... they send them out as they receive rejections in the mail or by phone...

She also said alot of ppl they have tocontact on the phone because they dont bother mailing in their rejection

hence... it could be a few days before people are finally contacted, or maybe they have a timeline they follow for the last day they can try to contact them....

ooooo jeeeeez

But wasn't the deadline May 31?

i talked to Giselle today and she said that they sent out the acceptances yesterday. Now, they will contact people as the people accepted from the WL decline their offers. I am wondering now why would those accepted from the WL decline their offer? I mean, if they didn't want to go to Alberta they would have declined the WL as well. I understand, there would be a few people who are waitlisted at multiple places and get accepted at multiple places and then decline their offer at UofA. BUt I'm guessing that won't be a huge number of people. I don't know, i think its a goner this year. Well, time to get ready for a new cycle :rolleyes:

i talked to Giselle today and she said that they sent out the acceptances yesterday. Now, they will contact people as the people accepted from the WL decline their offers. I am wondering now why would those accepted from the WL decline their offer? I mean, if they didn't want to go to Alberta they would have declined the WL as well. I understand, there would be a few people who are waitlisted at multiple places and get accepted at multiple places and then decline their offer at UofA. BUt I'm guessing that won't be a huge number of people. I don't know, i think its a goner this year. Well, time to get ready for a new cycle :rolleyes:

The same reason why people don't send in their rejection. Also some people like to keep their options open, just in case they change their mind or something happens...

Don't forget that there are 5 overquoate spots. I think they open then in July when everthing is done. So don't give up hope yet.

The same reason why people don't send in their rejection. Also some people like to keep their options open, just in case they change their mind or something happens...

Don't forget that there are 5 overquoate spots. I think they open then in July when everthing is done. So don't give up hope yet.

I don't understand that; could you clarify a bit? They reserve 5 spots to release in July? What would the purpose of that be?

OMG!! I just got accepted!!! I am elated!! wow here I had lost all hope and then comes the long-awaited email =). I just want to say to all those on the WL- don't worry and have faith. Giselle had told me yesterday that the waitlist is moving (but I didn't make much of it at that time :P). So hopefully I will be seeing more of you guys in september!

All the best!

OMG!! I just got accepted!!! I am elated!! wow here I had lost all hope and then comes the long-awaited email =). I just want to say to all those on the WL- don't worry and have faith. Giselle had told me yesterday that the waitlist is moving (but I didn't make much of it at that time :P). So hopefully I will be seeing more of you guys in september!

All the best!

See you in September boss! ;)

I don't understand that; could you clarify a bit? They reserve 5 spots to release in July? What would the purpose of that be?

There are +/- 5 overquoate positions, which are reserved for aboriginals (atleast that was the case when I interviewed a while ago, and they informed us before the interview). If they don't get filled they release them. I'm assuming they would release them in July but I could be wrong. Obviously, they would release them before the start of school (late July, to ensure the paper work, etc. comes in).

Archived