Premed 101 Forums

Official 2011/2012 Applicant Thread

Hi all, I just had a quick question. I have confirmed 3 references, but I don't have all of their information yet (address and stuff). Do I have to get this information from all 3 references before I can press the print button or can I print them one at a time? Sorry if this question has been asked before.

• Replies 647
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hi all, I just had a quick question. I have confirmed 3 references, but I don't have all of their information yet (address and stuff). Do I have to get this information from all 3 references before I can press the print button or can I print them one at a time? Sorry if this question has been asked before.
You can print them 1 at a time.

Question for Mcgill CV, for skills, can i put time management skills etc? Or are they expecting like piano skills, CPR that type of thing?

I believe not. I know you are a multitasker and this takes incredible time and stress management skills but these such skills are a result of activites that are included in your CV. A read of your narrative will reflect just how busy you are. :P And your CV should just be a normal 2 pager for McGill where things being equal it is all about (not thhr narrative) the abstract and the 3 highlighted aspects of your CV, and showing you are a well-rounded active citizen. I have not forgotten you. ;)

Aw, no problem. I know I'm not as fast as some people *cough*f_d*cough* :P , but I try my best.

All of us are helping the current applicants as a collaborative team. My alleged speed is due to being able to do my chop/chop cutting it down, plus editing for U/T in 15-20 quite often, which greatly increases production compared to 1 hour last year. ABS is more time consuming and challenging as are the 7 Questions of NOMS. Bottom line, so many of us are helping - the purpose of the forum! :)

And thatonekid with other mods is doing a terrific job of having returned premed101 to its former glory. In particular since the appointment of thatonekid, NewfieMike, The Law, rmorelan, supa et al the f_d hate threads and hate posts have totally disappeared - which is deeply appreciated. We are cllectively a great group and the newbies like Telsa who has stepped forward are great. Cerena and macbook have long since ceased to be newbies and their contributions are fantastic.

Everyone is making me nervous with all these thank you f_d posts...I'm barely done shaping my rough points into a rough draft. yikes

As least you have something :) Good luck, nd! And don't get too worried. All that matters is that you submit an awesome application.

Those of you who require editing for your McGill application - OOP & IP - are advised to request assistance from JamesNixon at this stage.

Others willing to help with editing McGill Applications are encouraged to advise on this Thread (and perhaps a Dedicated Thread that may soon be created on the McGill Forum).

I am in overload with editing and will focus on McGill commencing with the OMSAS deadline. Until then those of you who have furnished McGill material to me may well have to wait for two weeks. I will only deal with McGill editing should there be a lull in my activities with deadlines approaching.

Can someone shed light on what needs verifiers in the UofT essay and how we put it in? If I say:

"I worked in so and so and so (3) and that helped me decide..."

Is that (3) an appropriate way of designating verifiers? If so, does the (3) part count in the word limit?

I could probably find all this myself but I'm just utterly exhausted right now with the apps + school. Thanks for your help everyone, it's much appreciated.

Can someone shed light on what needs verifiers in the UofT essay and how we put it in? If I say:

"I worked in so and so and so (3) and that helped me decide..."

Is that (3) an appropriate way of designating verifiers? If so, does the (3) part count in the word limit?

I could probably find all this myself but I'm just utterly exhausted right now with the apps + school. Thanks for your help everyone, it's much appreciated.

experience says, yes it does count with word limit

instructions indicate that yes you do brackets around the number like the way you wrote it.

Hi Everyone,

I have officially called ALL the Medical Schools in Ontario to confirm and clarify the "October 3rd and December 1st" dilemma!

Ottawa, Queen's, Toronto, McMaster, UWO and NOSM are ALL fine with the December 1st deadline. NOSM highly, highly, highly prefers October 3rd, but even they are okay with December 1st :P (the lady was actually SUPER relucatant on saying "yes it is okay"...but she ended up saying it anyways :D )

Agains, DECEMBER 1st DEADLINE IS FINE FOR ALL ONTARIO SCHOOLS WHETHER EXPLICITLY STATED IN THE OMSAS BOOKLET OR NOT! :cool:

HTH

Tesla

I'm afraid I'm gonna be contributing to your nervousness by making another thank you f_d post lol...

Don't worry if you're still working on your rough draft, get it done asap and send it to f_d, I thought I was too late when I sent it in to f_d a week ago, but she kept in touch with as she was editing and sent it back to me with some very helpful feedback immediately.

Warning: She will butcher your essay....haha which is a good thing :)

No, no simtim, you are a special case. You were so far over the limit if I remember well. :P And your writing is fantastic, so much so that I referred to myself as the butcher b/c as I did my chop/chop, I genuinely felt badly - but I did what I had to do. The person whom you were addressing is ahead of the curve;), her writings were on the mark with her specific approach.

Let it be known that by editing skills exceed my writing skills I believe. IK was exhausted from suted this exercise but am now ready for the next round.

And I highly recommend Tesla for reviewing your sketch, he is exceptional and I can be left to editing, which usually takes less time.

I logged in to see a few PMs about editing personal statements. I want to let the applicants know that I'm not reading through these statements; I have no time. I'll answer short questions about general stuff.

Thanks for all your help. :)

I have removed your name from my signature so that you will not receive unnecessary PMs.

What should we do if our references have extension number, the form doesn't have a field for it.

Well that's interesting.

Here is what I would do:

If there is room, just write 'ext.##" in the same phone# field.

If there isn't, just put the main number and let them figure it out.

I guess you could also ask your ref to include their whole contact information within the actual letter too.

No, no simtim, you are a special case. You were so far over the limit if I remember well. :P And your writing is fantastic, so much so that I referred to myself as the butcher b/c as I did my chop/chop, I genuinely felt badly - but I did what I had to do.

Haha...I should've be writing "flowery" fiction novels in the 1800s not med school personal statements in the 21st century...looks like I'm in the wrong place at the wrong time! lolll

Archived