Premed 101 Forums

Official 2011/2012 Applicant Thread

• Replies 647
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was wondering, does anyone know how serious this oct 15th date for MCAT scores to be released is. I released my MCAT scores on Oct 3rd and it was pending for the whole time until today and I got the message not received. So I used the SAM tool to contact OMSAS since their office hours are only Monday - Friday. Is there a reason to be freaking out?

I was wondering, does anyone know how serious this oct 15th date for MCAT scores to be released is. I released my MCAT scores on Oct 3rd and it was pending for the whole time until today and I got the message not received. So I used the SAM tool to contact OMSAS since their office hours are only Monday - Friday. Is there a reason to be freaking out?

As per the e-mail sent out by the UofC Admission Office yesterday:

Dear Applicants,

Your application, references and transcripts must be submitted/received before 11:59pm MDT October 15th 2011. Our office will be closed on the weekend so if you encounter any problems submitting please refer to the list below of common trouble shooting ideas:

Applicant:

• If you are unable to submit, please check the app status tab. You will have to have all green check marks to submit. If you have any red exclamation marks, go into that section check for errors and press the “save and continue” button. Without pressing this you will not be able to move forward.

Referee:

• Please use the cut and paste functions to place the line in your browser's URL address or location https://ucan.ucalgary.ca/security/login.aspx . Try opening the link in another web browser like Firefox or Google Chrome. If that doesn’t work try opening the link from a different location as some work places have high security and will not let you open certain links.

Your MCAT will NOT be verified until after Oct 15th; as long as you release your MCAT scores to Calgary that is all that is required.

We will be picking up Saturday’s mail on Monday and will count those transcripts as received by the deadline.

Please refer to page 7 section 3.2 of our Applicant Manual for information regarding the receiving of transcripts, http://www.ucalgary.ca/mdprogram/prospective/admissions/applicants1011

Thank you,

The office of Admissions

Thanks for this information. However, I did not apply to UofC, I just applied to Ontario (Toronto, McMaster, Western, Ottawa and Queens). I am starting to really get worried :(

Oh, my bad! I guess reading everything helps:o Sorry about that :o

It's showed up on your OMSAS as not received? Hmmm....

I would definitely call them on Monday and explain your situation and that you did release scores. Maybe they can help you? It might be as simple as missing a number when inputting your AAMC ID or something.

Good luck!

This what they say in the help section

MCAT Scores

All MCAT scores are currently showing as "Pending". This status will change on October 15. At that time, if your scores are showing as "Not Received", you need to do one or both of the following:

log in to the Secure Applicant Messaging tool (SAM) to advise OMSAS of your AAMC ID number

go to the MCAT Request site and release all scores to OMSAS

Applicants will not be penalized in the event that MCAT scores are released after the expected mid-October release date; however, applicants must release their scores as soon as they are made available. The medical schools reserve the right to disqualify an applicant based on non-receipt of MCAT scores.

I don't know if this is reassuring, I wish it was a weekday and they showed the status of your MCAT yesterday so you can call them...

I've been prvileged to see the advice and product of James and it is outstanding! :P

You guys are so very lucky that he is willing to share of his precious time and advice to advance your best interests.

Both James & I are students living very hectic lives as we also try our best for you guys. You all realize how unfair it would be if you tried to have both James and I review your applications - as this would be abusing our kindness, unnecessarily draining our limited time that could be better devoted to our own studies and/or to helping another fellow student. We do check to ensure there is no abuse and we count on you to use the honour system as the best means of enforcement! :) Thank you.

Note: Where circumstances require it (it does rarely occur), we will collaborate to help a student.

Don't worry! What they did last year was they made a note of everyone who called and what video/section wasn't working and then they remove that section from your score. They use 12 as a "buffer." You won't be docked any points :)

THank u ! that is certainly comforting! I missed 13 too though..because my computer went bluescreened..Hopefully they can make a note on that too..

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Archived