Premed 101 Forums

how strict are OOP cutoffs?

has it historically been lower than what wass said previously? 92.3 or .4? Does it vary year to year?

It naturally varies year to year, but it's not likely to be lower than 92. I believe the admissions website has detailed information on this, but if you've got a 92.3 or 92.4%, they'll probably consider your ECs to rank you for an interview...

Oh wait, they don't consider ECs...I've obviously lost it.

email the admissions co-ordinator for a breakdown of how your school's marks translate to their percentage... I went to mcmaster for undergrad and so:

12 = A+ = 95%

11 = A = 88%

so you basically needed an 11.6-11.7 average for your best two years (which means nearly all A+ with 3-4 A's) to meet the cutoff

email the admissions co-ordinator for a breakdown of how your school's marks translate to their percentage... I went to mcmaster for undergrad and so:

12 = A+ = 95%

11 = A = 88%

so you basically needed an 11.6-11.7 average for your best two years (which means nearly all A+ with 3-4 A's) to meet the cutoff

I've found this to be the case for UofS and schools that only give you letter grades on your transcript.

And for the OP, they've be very consistent the last ~4 years at having the cutoff be in the 92.X% range.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
If you meet the GPA and MCAT cutoffs, then OOPs are guaranteed an interview (unless they change the admissions process).

Yeah assuming it didn't change it is a pretty good actually - automatic invite once hitting the cut offs and since they routinely run through the OOP waitlist list is almost for sure a 60% invite.

Archived