Premed 101 Forums

accepted with condition?

Guest Shaunabelle

Guest Shaunabelle

I figured that i would post this to let people know that they should start checking Minerva to see if they have been accepted or not.

Does anyone know what the conditions are when it says "accepted with condition". I will call McGill tomorrow to ask them but if anyone here knows please share.

Thanks, S :)

It means accepted if I'm not mistaken. They discuss it in a previous thread. I think the condition is that you maintain your grads in your current year. Don't quote me though.

Guest P Lamban

Hello everyone,

It seems that I also have "accepted with conditon" as my status. I just totally ignored Minerva as a source of up to date info on the actual admission decisions. Thanks for the heads up Shaunabelle.

So I wonder how official this is. My interview was during the middle of last week. A one week turnover for decisions? If it is accurate then I wish all schools were that quick!

Good luck, everyone.

BTW bruce, I am also a Quebec resident

Guest noncestvrai

Well, last year it meant that you were accepted, and I got mine one week after my interview, although mine was a very late interview.

The condition is to finish your degree (undergrad), as I asked last year.

Congrats to all!

noncestvrai

Guest WhiteTiger

I'd like to know, if that's not transgressing into your privacy, those who said that were accepted...what were you MCAT/cGPA and Extracurricular likes?

I plan on applying in 2 years and I'm not sure how up to par my application is looking...

Oh and...CONGRATS!!!!! :D :D :D :D

Guest bruce

My interview was last week on thursday, and I got the "admitted with condition" this morning (it was not there last night), so maybe they post the results exactly one week after your interview.

I'm writing this so the people with the friday inteview don't get as stressed out as I did yesterday.

good luck!

Guest milkyway

Hi,

Congratulations to all accepted and good luck to the rest.

I am a CEGEP student and so far I did not hear any news from McGill. Does this mean I was rejected by McGill ? Should I give up hope and get on with my life ???

Guest Shaunabelle

My interview was on Friday and i found out yesterday, so i do not think that when we had the interview has anything to do with when they post the acceptance. I think that they might actually be doing it alphabetically (my last name starts with a C)? I also called today to ask about the "conditions" and she did not go into too much detail but i believe that the conditions are: that we successfully pass ( ie get greater than a D) our pre-req courses/undergrad degree courses and that we sign a contract ( which will be mailed to us with our formal offer of acceptance) that states that we have only accepted an offer at McGill and nowhere else. So basically, pass your final exams and sign the contract and we are in! Yeah!!! :) I am really excited now!

PS. this is just for in-province people i have no idea what is going on for Med-Ps or OOPs.

Oh and i should add that i was told that the last in-province interview was on Monday, and then on Tuesday they had a meeting and decided who would be offered an acceptance and then by Wednesday they started changing our status on Minerva.

Thanks for the info, Shaunabelle!

I was also wondering what the "condition" referred to--as I graduated 2 years ago...do you know when the letters are sent? I assume that we can treat the Minerva change as an "official" acceptance?

As for CEGEP students, arent they interviewed sometime in May? I think this batch of decisions was only for in-province applicants with an undergraduate degree...

Good luck and congrats to all!!

Guest LoveMcGill

Accepted with condition is the default - it means accepted. No one gets accepted without condition. Finishing your undergrad and/or your courses is all you need.

Guest OneAndOnlyMe

Hi!

Does anyone know what maintaining good academic standard means exactly? I have a bad feeling my grades will go down a lot this semester and that's kinda stressing me out!

Thanks!

Guest Spencer

Yup! On my acceptance letter they said that the conditions for the acceptance was that my 'academic achievement should remain the same level at the time of the file review'. I called up McGill Admissions and asked them for a cut-off in terms of a percentage score. The lady said that "nothing is set in stone...just try your best to maintain good academic standing". What's with McGill and being vague and ambiguous? ARGH! I guess that means it could work to your advantage if there isn't any imposed cut-offs.

Guest Spencer

Heh, Richmond...normally I would agree with you...but since there's a scholarship at stake...I have to be careful and maybe do just a little better than merely 'passing'. :b

• 1 year later...

Archived