Premed 101 Forums

Micky Master is a joke of a medical school

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah it was - the MMI is spreading well beyond Canada now. It is actually kind of surprising to me - probably because I am so much more familiar with the Canadian way of doing things - with how little the US had considered things outside of GPA/MCAT.

How did I miss this epic thread!? Good ol' flame wars.

In all seriousness, I must say that CASPer is the worst idea EVER for an admissions process - let alone to have it weighted so highly. I am a fan of the MMI format, but CASPer is an epic fail, IMO. I was so frustrated with it last year and the way they handled the technical issues that arose. I swear I typed a bunch of random non-sense in barely legible prose for most of the questions towards the end of my test. And the non-sense I typed got me accepted :eek:

I somehow feel cheated.. :rolleyes: lol ^^^ above post username.. going far as even putting my picture on your avatar.. shame on you ;) ...... and then I noticed you joined in Dec 2010..lol which meant I came second haha

McMaster is all about being hip and edgy and non-mainstream. It's the hipster of Canadian med schools. jwUUp.gif

That must be the first time something in Hamilton has been called hip and edgy :P

you must have never heard of the James St art crawl then. or the beauxmondes blog (http://www.beaux-mondes.com/). hamilton is fast becoming a hipster haven, don't you worry.

which makes sense because well, they accepted me didn't they?

#toocoolforschool

I'm sure my friend pathogen12 will appreciate this comment.

you must have never heard of the James St art crawl then. or the beauxmondes blog (http://www.beaux-mondes.com/). hamilton is fast becoming a hipster haven, don't you worry.

which makes sense because well, they accepted me didn't they?

#toocoolforschool

I'm sure my friend pathogen12 will appreciate this comment.

if only i had a pair of thick-rimmed ray bans during the application cycle! maybe someone would have given me an interview...

On a more serious note, what is the evaluation system like at Mac. For preclerkship I know there are OSCEs, progress tests and quizes during each medical foundation, but how frequent are they? Also during clerkship, how are students evaluated and is the system still pass/fail?

first of all, Barrack needs to keep an open mind. every admissions process has its flaws. u hvent even applied to med school yet, so wht do u know abt the process? and yes mcmaster is an accredited medical school. if u feel so strongly that it shudnt be, if u think u know better than the body of authority tht makes these kinda decisions, then why dnt u take it up w the AFMC (they hve a committee thts in charge of the accreditation of canadian medical schools). making a petty post on premed101 isnt gonna do anything but generate hate towards u. the MMI and casper are both great tools to select candidates. do u know anything abt the mmi, have you ever done one before? do u know wht they're looking for? well let me tell u. they're lookin for someone to can pick out the issues in a question/scenario and address them, someone who can consider all the options available from every angle, consider all the people involved in any given situation. they want someone who can weigh the pros and cons of these options, and finally someone who can reach a decision. this thought process is VERY important for doctors to do when dealing with patients and families. its a way of thinking but i guess u wudnt understand wht thts abt bc u clearly wrote tht first post w/o thinking at all. good luck getting into medical school w tht kinda attitude.

Archived