Premed 101 Forums

Which BB should I choose?

Robin Hood

My dad had a Curve 9300, pretty sturdy; checked email with it, browsing was so-so. Typical BB - great endurance, sometimes you wish you had a bit more. Froze at odd times. Stay away from water...

Mac, it's just plain wrong to see you saying even remotely nice things about BBs...it just feels....unholy

They are both entry-level BlackBerries (ie. terrible compared to other Berries and phones in general). 9300 has GPS and 3G, more RAM, but no flash. In my experience, BlackBerries are terrible smartphones for the regular consumer. If you want a smartphone, get an iPhone, Galaxy, or HTC Arrive or Sensation. If you really want a BlackBerry, get a Bold. The BlackBerry Storm and those Curve models suck.

Also, I have an iPhone with the CityFido plan so I'm not sure how you see iPhones as having terrible contracts. Don't get a data plan and the cost stays $35/month.

Mac, it's just plain wrong to see you saying even remotely nice things about BBs...it just feels....unholy

LOLLLLL

Forgive me Lord Jobs, for I have trespassed against thee....

But yeah. If you're heading to med 1, get an iphone. That's the true way to go. Newer iphone supposedly coming out december/january apparently though.

Of those choices I can't think of any reason not to go for the Curve 9300 3G. My brother has one and has been pretty happy with it. I'm still using a frustrating but resilient Curve 8330. I'll probably get a new phone after Med 3 in the fall some time, but I am feeling allergic to contracts so it will be pricey. Heavily pondering an iPhone, and I'll admit that my only qualm is that I'm a heavy BBM user. But it makes the most sense since my iTouch is only 8 GB...

RIMM is getting killed, I'm lucky I pulled out when they were trading round 60 a share, they're hovering at about 28 now, that's almost 65 percent market cap in 4 months :(

RIMM is dyyyying... Don't get a bb... those days are over. Just use whats app to "bbm" with your friends that have bb's

RIMM is getting killed, I'm lucky I pulled out when they were trading round 60 a share, they're hovering at about 28 now, that's almost 65 percent market cap in 4 months :(

And why i bought lol

I've seen whats coming out with the QNX OS and its impressive. I believe they can win back marketshare if they keep with QNX and ditch their narrowmjndedness

And why i bought lol

I've seen whats coming out with the QNX OS and its impressive. I believe they can win back marketshare if they keep with QNX and ditch their narrowmjndedness

We're totally jacking the thread but ya, i bought at 25. Made myself a few bucks as its slowly rebounding. I think RIMM is too large to fall without a fight, they have one shot to restructure and get back to doing the stuff they know how to do and stop trying to appeal to the mainstream lifestyle market. If they can manage that I think they'll be back up in a year or 2

Archived