Premed 101 Forums

I do not understand Alcohol

thehockeykid

This thread is priceless :)

Just gonna toss in my two cents and try and steer it back to hockey kid's original question (which i kind of forget but i'll try my best ;) )

Why do college kids drink?

It takes a situation where a bunch of people who have been raised by society to have certain boundaries on their actions, and lets them drop some/most/all of those boundaries. Things you usually wouldn't do or say, end up being done or said. These things are usually things that you actually really WANT to do, but feel like you shouldn't do because its "wrong" in some way.

Run this experiment with a few of your friends. Get everyone together in a room, play some music, take a couple shots (or drink some beers if you don't feel like expediting the experiment) and then play flip cup, never have i ever, beer pong, etc. Till whenever you feel like going to bed. Then the next day, or that night before you go to bed, score the night on how much fun you had.

The next week, try the exact same event, but this time replace all of the booze with juice/pop/water or whatever else you feel like drinking. Score the night on how much fun you have and then look back to your previous weeks score and compare the two.

You'll be able to see why college kids drink. Its pretty simple really, things (even if they're already fun) are just more fun when you're drunk.

You don't have to apply this to just party games or a party environment... play counterstrike or magic cards or ping pong if you want (i swear i haven't done all of those :rolleyes: ) .. do SOMETHING.. and you'll get the same result.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
This thread is priceless :)

Just gonna toss in my two cents and try and steer it back to hockey kid's original question (which i kind of forget but i'll try my best ;) )

Why do college kids drink?

It takes a situation where a bunch of people who have been raised by society to have certain boundaries on their actions, and lets them drop some/most/all of those boundaries. Things you usually wouldn't do or say, end up being done or said. These things are usually things that you actually really WANT to do, but feel like you shouldn't do because its "wrong" in some way.

Run this experiment with a few of your friends. Get everyone together in a room, play some music, take a couple shots (or drink some beers if you don't feel like expediting the experiment) and then play flip cup, never have i ever, beer pong, etc. Till whenever you feel like going to bed. Then the next day, or that night before you go to bed, score the night on how much fun you had.

The next week, try the exact same event, but this time replace all of the booze with juice/pop/water or whatever else you feel like drinking. Score the night on how much fun you have and then look back to your previous weeks score and compare the two.

You'll be able to see why college kids drink. Its pretty simple really, things (even if they're already fun) are just more fun when you're drunk.

You don't have to apply this to just party games or a party environment... play counterstrike or magic cards or ping pong if you want (i swear i haven't done all of those :rolleyes: ) .. do SOMETHING.. and you'll get the same result.

I feel the bolded part could be a signficant variable on how those scores are determined. I love a party as much as anybody, but holy crap do I ever get some world-destroying hangovers. I'm talking up to, and including, 36 hours of hating my life. It's really the big reason I go out as rarely as I do now (maybe monthly if I'm not too busy).

I feel the bolded part could be a signficant variable on how those scores are determined. I love a party as much as anybody, but holy crap do I ever get some world-destroying hangovers. I'm talking up to, and including, 36 hours of hating my life. It's really the big reason I go out as rarely as I do now (maybe monthly if I'm not too busy).

Thats brutal dude...you get seriously mega hangovers.

Archived