Premed 101 Forums

OOP interview notices

Guest hammer

Just to let everyone know, I received an interview invite today by email for Feb. 23rd.

Apparently, there are 2 separate interview sessions for OOP Canadian applicants:

Fri, Feb. 20

Mon, Feb 23

Good luck to everyone else!

Guest medicator007

Congrats Hammer... Feel free to post any questions you may have concerning the process and I'll do my best to answer those i can.

For the rest of the OOP applicants.. here's hoping that you receive good news soon :D .

Medicator

Thanks Xine15 and Medicator! I'm looking forward to the interview, which conveniently falls after reading week.

And if I should have any questions, I will definitely take you up on that offer, Medicator.

Guest biomedeng

I qualify as an in-province student.

I applied for the MD/MBA. The web site says that interviews will be held Jan-March.

Are the interviews only for OOP?

Or all all MD/MBA interviewed at the same time?

I think two interviews are required by the two faculties.

Thanks

I applied for MD/MBA and I now have an interview (:D ) on Feb 23. I'm also an OOP. So, it looks like all OOPs (regardless of the program) are being interviewed on the two days: Feb 20 and Feb 23.

You might want to log on McGill's online application website for unofficial application status ... Mine was just updated with "refused."

Bummer, but good luck to everyone though.

Guest MDSMelissa

Hi ec416,

Thanks for the heads up...

I checked the site and mine is refused as well... *sigh* McGill was my #1 school. I am still nervous about the MCAT thing (see my other post) I think I will call them to see if that is the problem. I was really hoping to be interviewed.

Melissa

Guest kakashifan

hey guys...

i've applied to both the mdcm and mdphd programs.

however, on the minerva site, all my documents are shown to have been received for the mdphd but not for the mdcm. weird right? (was i supposed to have sent two copies of everything?)

so... i dunno if it's because of that problem.. my mdcm status says 'documents missing' (or something like that) while my mdphd status says "file ready for review."

i've e-mailed them before.. and no answer...

(i e-mailed them again today)

if you guys can enlighten me that would be great!

thanks!

kakashi fan

Guest biomedeng

Hi,

I had the same problem, i applied to the MDMBA and regular MD. All the information for the MDMBA was filled out, but not for the MD. Nothing was received.

A few weeks later they actually deleted my regular MD application, and told me that it's OK, because there should only be one application in the system.

So basically don't worry about it. Just follow the MDPHD application along.

If it's like the MDMBA you will first be interviewed just for the MD program, you need to be accepted to that one first.

Good luck

Guest medicator007

Hey Kakashi fan,

What Biomedeng is saying makes sense to me. So long as all is in order with your MD-PhD application I wouldn't be too concerned with the other.In fact I believe you only need one application to be open, should you not be accepted into the MD-PhD program I am under the impression that you would just be bumped into the MD application pool for consideration.

Hope that helps,

Medicator

Guest noncestvrai

kakashifan,

Although your name sounds funny in french, you should not let Montreal out of your plans, this summer, this city lights up for 3 months of fun...if you are not writing the MCATs of course.

Good luck in your future endeavours.

noncestvrai

Guest kakashifan

Merci noncestvrai!

i would have loved to go to mcgill med...

je sais que montreal est tres magnifique

(i was there 3 years ago for summer lang bursary prog - well.. actually st.jean-sur-richelieu)

it would have been nice to keep my french going...

thanks for your comment.

btw.. my username is from a character in a japanese manga/anime (kakashi)

-kakashifan (it does sound funny imagining Chretien saying it...)

• 2 years later...

Archived