Premed 101 Forums

Health related question for the med/rez students/ doctors...

aaronjw

I broke my neck (C2) 16 years ago and for the most part i've been free and clear of any lasting issues. A bit of neck stiffness here and there after say an intense gym session or a long day of snowboarding (having my head turned for a long period of time causes stiffness) but over the past year or so i've been finding my neck to be quite stiff more and more often for no reason at all.

I find myself popping advil more than i like :)

Im starting to think its arthritus starting to set it from the break. Curious the opinions of others. Havent bothered to go get it looked at just yet because initially i just chalked it up to getting older but now im not so sure and really, im not sure there's actually anything that can be done other than massage therapy for a sore/stiff neck?

Thought this might be an interesting question for the board :)

What muse said.

Although I can sympathize, although my fractured vertebra is down at the other end: L2.

Definitely see a doctor. When my lower back, around where the fracture occurred, started acting up in Germany, my family doctor sent me to have a CT scan to make sure everything was okay. Then I saw a physical therapist, who helped develop an action plan for strengthening and stretching exercises. Now, obviously that's easier to do for the lower back than the neck.

So yeah, see a doctor.

Archived