Premed 101 Forums

For Pharma peeps: what takes so long?

aaronjw

To get a prescription filled?

One bottle of pennsaid (topical anti-inflamitory) which doesnt require counting or filling. A simple grab of the shelf. 30min wait?

So to all your pharma students and grads... What takes so long? Lol

so I'm a previous 2nd yr pharmacy student so this is my experience with wait times...

-even though your pennsaid doesn't require counting, the Rx's before yours still needs to be filled/counted (ie. there were people there before you)

-There was problems with the insurance... so we have to call them to smooth things out

-you have a st00pid rph student with you (meeeee) and you want the student to fill the Rx

-you get a call-back from the MD/RPh/DMD/(any assistants of the three) you called before regarding a Rx.

-your phone is ringing off the hook, and you need to put people on hold.

-It's the first time in a while that it's not extremely busy... so you use the time to go to the bathroom before you bladders/rectum burst.

so I'm a previous 2nd yr pharmacy student so this is my experience with wait times...

-even though your pennsaid doesn't require counting, the Rx's before yours still needs to be filled/counted (ie. there were people there before you)

-There was problems with the insurance... so we have to call them to smooth things out

-you have a st00pid rph student with you (meeeee) and you want the student to fill the Rx

-you get a call-back from the MD/RPh/DMD/(any assistants of the three) you called before regarding a Rx.

-your phone is ringing off the hook, and you need to put people on hold.

-It's the first time in a while that it's not extremely busy... so you use the time to go to the bathroom before you bladders/rectum burst.

I love you!!! Very good explanation, not many people understand all the crazy things that can go on behind the counter. Just to add:

-it may not seem that way, but there may be other people waiting in the store for their prescription or others who are returning in a little while to pick up their Rx that they just dropped off (and you're having to wait behind all these people)

-in a store that has a lot of turnover in staff, you may find that the wait times are longer than necessary because a pharm tech-in-training is filling your prescription and is trying to figure out the computer program used to fill your Rx

-the MD made a mistake in your prescription by accidentally omitting crucial information needed in order to fill the Rx, or it's just too difficult to read so they have to fax the doctor to clarify

-the staff is also dealing with people in the pick-up line

I have so much appreciation for people working in customer service :D

Archived