Premed 101 Forums

RIP Jack...

aaronjw

Damn, I never knew his cancer had progressed so much.

They arent saying just yet (that i've read at least) exactly what it was that killed him. That said, how he looked in recent weeks was a good indication that he wasnt going to be around for a great deal of time, in my opinion.

Went sooner than i figured he would and obviously way too early for amyone.

They arent saying just yet (that i've read at least) exactly what it was that killed him. That said, how he looked in recent weeks was a good indication that he wasnt going to be around for a great deal of time, in my opinion.

Went sooner than i figured he would and obviously way too early for amyone.

CP24 is reading a letter he wrote and has it posted here. He mentions that his treatment for cancer was largely unsuccessful.

Such a great politician - a true Canadian.

RIP Jack

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/politics/jack-layton-dead-at-61/article2137070/

Passed away this morning.

Not a fan of this politics at all certainly didn't wish the man dead. Feel bad for him, his wife and his kids.

This is so upsetting and shocking, I still cannot believe he is not alive...my deepest sympathy for his wife, Olivia Chow. I met her once in person, and found her a very kind person.

CP24 is reading a letter he wrote and has it posted here. He mentions that his treatment for cancer was largely unsuccessful.

Such a great politician - a true Canadian.

RIP Jack

Wow. The letter was dated 2 days ago and it makes it seem like he knew he wouldn't make it much longer.

Quite sad news, especially given what he and the NDP accomplished this past election. Most news outlets seem to be waiting to see what type of cancer he had. When he announced that he was taking time off, he said it wasn't the same prostate cancer.

The ending of his letter is perhaps the most profound truth one can know in life.

I agree with all of you. He was my favourite Canadian politician. It was hard enough seeing him withered when he made his public announcement about his condition.

And now he is physically no more. My condolences to his family, supporters, and to all Canadians. This loss is tremendous and I hope that Canada finds the strength he carried in those he has left behind.

I wish to express my profound sorrow for the loss of a great political leader, Jack Layton. Although I did not agree with some of his policies, the man was great in that he was sincere in his convictions and emboldened by the idea to make our country better in every way it could be. With his passing, a void, filled for over the past decade with a charismatic, energetic, thoughtful person such as Jack Layton will be scored in the Canadian political arena. Although he may be gone, his legacy will live on and for that we can all be truly grateful.

you will be remembered.

ABS:(

I was heartbroken when I heard the news and moved to tears by the letter he wrote. The fact that he managed to comprise that letter during his final days only goes further to prove his commitment to the NDP and Canada. I realize politics is a polarizing topic, but I think everyone (regardless of political affiliation) can come to agree that Jack Layton was the definition of a classy politician who was passionate, outspoken, and truly believed in his cause. I personally think Canada has lost one of the best and my prayers go out to his family during this time.

Well stated, sparkles3288. Perhaps more politicians can take a page out of Jack Layton's book and practice politics with a conscience.

One of my friends told me that he was a photographer at an event attended by Prof. Layton. When Prof. Layton entered the room, immediately he had walked up to my friend and asked how he was and exchanged greetings. Only then did he proceed to talk to the "big wigs". Here was a man who treated everyone fairly and with due dignity and respect. May these traits permeate all of us.

Archived