Premed 101 Forums

Who attends classes?

aaronjw

I'm getting flashbacks of my first degree years where the humanities and gen ed courses make me want to stab myself in the eyes.

I've left 2 of my classes early this week amd stayed in one only because the dude took attendance wtf lol

So who stays and who goes?

when i was in school

i attended all classes (except when it was recorded and posted online, then i'll 'watch' all classes).

i did skip when i had to though like on the day of a midterm or the day before an exam, etc. then i'll just ask a friend to record it for me.

i dont want to miss what the prof says. it will be on the exam and sometimes they give you hints. and it's how i learn.

I sit front/centre too. Maybe I'm just a big nerd. :D

Agree all the way. Maybe it's because I'm not the sharpest tack anymore, but I even sit at the front of our Ochem help sessions. Never thought I'd find the course so intuitive. :) As for the rest of my ecology, sustainability, and biology classes, there's no wayI'd be able to skip - the profs are way too involved and hint at all their own exam emphases.

I agree with op, though, some of the intro socio, psyc, and poli were beyond easy. A guy could easily bs through exams. malheuresement, I pay $900 per class, and there are about 25 people in each, so one really can't skip.

Yeah I feel like an art kid, LOL.

That really sucks. Sounds like my friends schedule at UofT, he's in engineering as well and man do I get an earful.

Art kid my ass! I am a visual arts kid, and I have 3 days of classes (for 6 courses), but believe me they aren't 'art kid standard'

Mondays class starts at 9:30 and my final class ends at 9:00

Tuesday class starts at 11:30 (niceee) and final class ends at 9:30

Thursday class starts at 8:30 and final ends at 6:30.

Now you can count in the hour and a half I need to reserve for my commute, plus extra studio time for things that cannot be done at home.

Yeah, 'art kid' is living the life ; )

I recommend always going to class. Learning about a topic takes me twice the time if I hadnt gone to the Lec. But strategically skipping is always necessary, like if I have a test for a bio course, id skip my bird course classes for the week of necessary.

most bio courses are bird courses.. lol.. just memorize..;)

1st degree: Astrophysics....attended classes and did very well in my first year; stopped going second year and...well....opps. Transferred and finished a Business degree through distance education while having babies--I guess you can say I attended NO classes ;)

2nd degree: Attend just about every single class. If I didn't have kids, I'd probably skip every one of my 8:30 classes.

Youre alive!! :)

LOL.. i like your comment..

Well if what ever medical issue i have doesn't kill me, i am sure all the x-rays, bloodtests, and medications will...

Hopefully I can get a diagnosis asap so my doc can start treatment, instead of masking my illness with naproxen and other drugs.. Sighs..

Archived