Premed 101 Forums

To Mr.Wong :)

Guest Monica411

Guest Monica411

Hi Ian,

I was just curious if there was a particular reason why the Quebec medical schools were not included on this board? I find the discussions here very interesting and helpful for the most part, but I feel that it's a slight disservice to exclude the french schools. Myself, I dropped french after grade 9 (didn't like my french teacher), however I have become increasingly interested in knowing the perspective of french-canadians wrt to med school admission.

No offense intended, again it's a great board, but with everything else there is always room for improvement.

best regards,

monica411 (not my real name ;) )

Guest IronLord

Hi Monica,

I got accepeted into University of Sherbrooke, and was asking myself exactly the same question. I emailed Ian Wong about it, and I hope I get an answer soon.

Peace.

Guest Ian Wong

Hi all,

There's a couple reasons why I haven't included the French med schools here. The first is that I don't think the traffic has ever warranted it, as there have been few to no questions in the Premed General Discussion forum regarding the Quebec med schools. More importantly however, is the fact that I'm not comfortable setting up a forum where the majority of the messages will be in a language that I don't read well. Given the potential for either legally or morally dubious posts that could harm this website, I think it very important that I have the ability to read and access all messages on this forum. Unfortunately, French isn't a strong suit of mine, and for that reason I feel very uneasy about opening up a section for the Quebec med schools.

I think an alternate solution would be for someone else to create a discussion forum focussed on the Quebec medical schools and their admissions process, and I'd be happy to link this website to that one.

Ian

UBC, Med 3

Archived