Premed 101 Forums

Medical Biophysics at U of T

thehumanmacbook

Hey everyone,

I'm currently looking into Masters programs and the Medical Biophysics at U of T really caught my eye: http://medbio.utoronto.ca/

I was wondering if any masters students/PhD students at U of T could maybe provide some feedback or suggestions on what they heard/think of this program?

I'm probably looking to do MD/PhD after I complete my masters.

Thanks!!!!

Macbook~

*bump* anyone? Anyone at all?

I can't tell you much about you UofT but i could reach out to my buddy was Western who is an assistant prof/researcher in biomedical physics. He might have some insight into the UofT program?

He's pretty unbiased so no worries about him dissing UofT in case thats a worry...

it's an awesome department from what i know. i would highly recommend attending their open house as you'll learn a LOT about the department from that. beware though, almost a 100% chance you will end up doing a PhD if you enroll for a masters, ask anyone in the department, almost all of the profs want someone who will stay for a while. so you have to be careful if you might change your mind after a masters - although there are people who do just finish a masters and leave, most of the students stay for a PhD. they have rotations for 3 months, where you choose 3 labs and go for a month to each one, then decide who you want to stay with. so their entire mandate is geared towards long term enrollment and commitment to your research. they do cool work though and everyone in the department seemed very nice :)

• 4 weeks later...

Archived