Premed 101 Forums

Releasing MCAT Scores to OMSAS

Hey All,

I released my MCAT scores to OMSAS about a week prior to submitting my application. When i log back in to check my application status it still says Pending beside MCAT score received. Does anyone else have this? Do I need to re-release them? How long does it normally take for scores to go through and be recieved by OMSAS?

thanks in advance.

Hi All,

The schools that I've released my scores to have been unable to access my scores because AAMC has the birth year of 2006 (?!?) on my score release form. I only found out about this a couple of days ago thanks to an admin at one of the schools who sent me a message saying she couldn't access my scores. AAMC requested a signed letter requesting a change to my date of birth along with a notarized copy of my government ID, which I provided the same day it was requested.

Two of my schools require my MCAT scores no later than October 15th so I am quite worried about the AAMC MCAT team not being able to process my change of birth date request on time (they've said it usually takes a few weeks and that they cannot guarantee early processing). Can anyone lend some advise on how to avoid missing out on those two schools? Should I try contacting the schools? I'm sure they're bogged down with similar such concerns from other applicants and worry that I might be lost in the shuffle.

Archived