Premed 101 Forums

really unsure

justifyd

I scored a 10 in phys. 9 in verbal. 12 in bio. Q on the essay.

I'm really unsure if I should rewrite next summer. I really dont want to. I have a 3.94 gpa so far (based on first two years), some pretty solid references, and decent ecs. also swomen.

You should be ok. maybe not for western but i still think you should rewrite just to be able to apply everywhere with a decent shot of getting in, why limit your options?

I scored a 10 in phys. 9 in verbal. 12 in bio. Q on the essay.

I'm really unsure if I should rewrite next summer. I really dont want to. I have a 3.94 gpa so far (based on first two years), some pretty solid references, and decent ecs. also swomen.

Since you're SWOMEN, that MCAT score is fine for Western.

From admissions site: "Some flexibility is given to applicants from Southwestern Ontario. In the 2010-11 application cycle, a minimum score of 8 in any one section of the MCAT is acceptable as long as the combined score for Biological Sciences, Physical Sciences, and Verbal Reasoning is 30 or more. The minimum score for the Writing Sample is O."

Link: http://www.schulich.uwo.ca/admissions/medicine/requirements

I wouldn't rewrite. But whatever you do, best of luck

Don't stress too much about one bad score in verbal. i know tons of people who did poorly in their verbal, some with 8 or 9 that are in medical school.

Unless, there's a specific program you want to go to, and they have a verbal cutoff, don't worry about it. As long as you apply broadly and are open to going anywhere, your GPA will give you a good shot.

Archived