Premed 101 Forums

Interview Invitations Are OUT!!!! Accepted/Rejected

• Replies 709
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Haha Genemo, I appreciate your optimism very much... :D;) and your friendly remarks

But I am critical of the assertion that last year's events hold any predictive value

Ya I understand. But on the blog they said this year will be similar to last year. So Im hoping nothing will happen today.

My guess is they send out the stat first, and send out all rejections in the first 3 days, and wait for people to respond to the result. If any rejection was a mistake, they will take it back and reevaluate. If an interview should be granted, then they give him/her the interview and remove one person from the interview invite. So on Friday, some people can still get rejected and all interview invite will come out.

Ya I understand. But on the blog they said this year will be similar to last year. So Im hoping nothing will happen today.

My guess is they send out the stat first, and send out all rejections in the first 3 days, and wait for people to respond to the result. If any rejection was a mistake, they will take it back and reevaluate. If an interview should be granted, then they give him/her the interview and remove one person from the interview invite. So on Friday, some people can still get rejected and all interview invite will come out.

Just to state the obvious implications of this, if you are correct, then anyone not yet rejected will be invited unless they are bumped off by any rejections that have been reversed due to errors (which should be a very rare occurrence).

EDIT: which means that if you are still alive the odds are very much in your favor. Please correct me if you meant to imply something else.

Just to state the obvious implications of this, if you are correct, then anyone not yet rejected will be invited unless they are bumped off by any rejections that have been reversed due to errors (which should be a very rare occurrence).

EDIT: which means that if you are still alive the odds are very much in your favor. Please correct me if you meant to imply something else.

Yes thats what I think too.

But some people may still get reject tmr if theres any mistake in the previous rejections.

I hight doubt they will bump someone off their interview seat and replace that seat with a mistaken applcation. That would change the cut-off TFR required for an interview which I can't really see happening.

It would make more sense to just add a few more seats to the interview than bump someone off to be replaced with another that had a mistake in their file...

I hight doubt they will bump someone off their interview seat and replace that seat with a mistaken applcation. That would change the cut-off TFR required for an interview which I can't really see happening.

It would make more sense to just add a few more seats to the interview than bump someone off to be replaced with another that had a mistake in their file...

FYI On the interim stats there is a star next to the number of interview seats saying "subject to change".

thats true, sounds very reasonable

I kinda remember last year the stat says its due to change but its not on this year

but, whatever

what matters is once we survive today we should be hopeful

cheer up, everyone. its a long crazy week and we're almost there

BTW You guys wouldn't believe how good of a person I am... Once I ran into a burning building to save several cute puppies from burning to death! etc. etc.

Thats nothing bro, I did the same thing but saved kids and seniors instead of puppies. Ive also breast fed 10,000 Somalian babies back to life and i am a guy. While visiting the cancer agency for a lab tour I invented a drug that treats cancer but I am waiting to get into med school before I publish my results :P

Thats nothing bro, I did the same thing but saved kids and seniors instead of puppies. Ive also breast fed 10,000 Somalian babies back to life and i am a guy. I have also invented a drug that treats cancer but I am waiting to get into med school before I publish my results :P

hahahahahah!!

In all seriousness, Ive devoted every aspect of my entire life to medicine and still fully expect to be rejected pre-interview for a 4th time... so trying to joke my way into preventing a full-scale panic attack. anyone got some benzos to share? :P

And wait a minute... isnt it unethical to withhold a cancer treatment for personal gain?? shame! :)

Thats nothing bro, I did the same thing but saved kids and seniors instead of puppies. Ive also breast fed 10,000 Somalian babies back to life and i am a guy. While visiting the cancer agency for a lab tour I invented a drug that treats cancer but I am waiting to get into med school before I publish my results :P
I don't know if hair's a good source of protein.

Archived