Premed 101 Forums

Interview Invitations Are OUT!!!! Accepted/Rejected

• Replies 709
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hey Everyone

Just wondering if durring the MMI, do they ever ask you stuff that you put for your NAQ ie. tell me more about this activity / more info about your ECs? any stations like that? or are they more like ethical/situation MMIs?

I don't believe they ask questions specifically regarding your NAQ's, but rather present scenarios that could range from acting, ethical decision making, tasks, giving instructions... It would be good if you could somehow build your responses up with specific reference to your past experiences... It always helps to try and incorporate that into your answer.

I don't believe they ask questions specifically regarding your NAQ's, but rather present scenarios that could range from acting, ethical decision making, tasks, giving instructions... It would be good if you could somehow build your responses up with specific reference to your past experiences... It always helps to try and incorporate that into your answer.

Yeah that's the way to go.. build your answers based on your past experiences (even if you don't specifically refer to them). After all, that's the true goal of ECs. I don't believe interviewers have access to your file during the MMI, at least ours didn't and no questions were that specific thought you might get a question say about a hardship that you lived through and how it changed you or stuff like that.

Hi guys! I have MCAT study materials if any of you are thinking about re-writing! If anyone is interested please let me know. Examcrackers box set $140 (paid $270) and 2010-2011 Kaplan MCAT study guide $40 (paid $95). Thanks guys, good luck to everyone who was invited to an interview and to everyone who didn't quite make it, hopefully you will try again. :)

• 5 months later...

Or could try moving to the maritimes to gain IP status. Apparently all you need is a 3.3 GPA and a 24 MCAT and you are guaranteed an interview. That sounds too good to be true!

Hey guys, got my regrets today.

Score

Adjusted Grade Point Average 79.09

AQ Score 13.64

Overall Grade Point Average 74.51

NAQ Score 34.84

TFR Score 48.48

The only strange thing is that I calculate my oGPA as about 72.8 and my aGPA as 79.26, but that's still not getting an interview. GPA is king, guys. :)

I'm not bitter at all, and I"m very pleased with my decision to move to Whitehorse and broaden my IP status to include AB and SK (in a few years if need be). UBC let me know very clearly last year with the removal of the 10-yr rule and the new AQ system that my kind was not wanted (I kid!) and that I should try my hand elsewhere. So that's what I've done, and I look forward to UofC's interview schedule in January. I'll even grad with Mithril et al if I get into UofC this yr, since they have a 3-yr program. :)

For the record, and to be "holistic":

Worst year (was dropped): 42% average while homeless and in school

MCAT: 33R

Started own business, grew to $600K+ over 4 years and to 7 employees, while in school FT.

Personal trainer, running coach, sports retail management

St John Ambulance for 4.5yrs, Officer

Ironman, ultramarathons, adventure races (6-day, 500km+ wilderness extreme sports race)

All these were thousands of hours

Much more as well, I'm about as well-rounded as you can get.

I believe my NAQ last year was 16.88? My AQ was about half (and my GPA is about the same)

Archived