Premed 101 Forums

Interview Invitations Are OUT!!!! Accepted/Rejected

• Replies 709
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Invite as well, looking forward to my 4th and final time attempting to conquer the med school admissions dragon.

For anyone keeping stats

My ogpa is approx 82.2%

I was able to use the weighted average this year though it its effect would have been negligible as I only took 9 credits in my lowest gpa year (d/t upgrading high school courses all year. One thing I have learned from the med school application process is that it is much more forgiving if you screw around in high school compared to university - though I spent too much time partying there as well).

NAQ definitely saved my butt again - though there is nothing outstanding save my experience in health care, both volunteering in a psych hospital and working as an RN. IMHO UBC really values experience paid or volunteer in health care.

Yayyy!!!!!! Congrats!!! :D So happy for you!

Thank you!!

Congratulations to everyone! OMG I will see some of you when I go to Van!

Holy moly....

After being on this forum and seeing just how truly well rounded, hard working, and intelligent the entire applicant pool is, I feel truly honored.

I AM IN. AGPA 79.3 something. I guess Varsity sports boosted my app big time.

OK, guys.

Enough Celebration. Let's get down to prep for the MMI. For the next couple of months we should all be living and breathing MMI.

I GOT AN INTERVIEW TOOO! my avg was like 78. Anybody got any thoughts on how to prep? I'm not i nVancouver until maybe Christmas so unfortuatnely, I won't be able to join the prep practice sessions...

Archived