Premed 101 Forums

anyone working with pdf documents?

Should look something like this:

Hi

I am conducting a survey. Does anyone in the middle of reading a pdf document as a part of the learning process [rest of sentence]?

OR

Hi

I am conducting a survey. Is anyone in the middle of reading a pdf document as a part of the learning process?

Should look something like this:

Hi

I am conducting a survey. Does anyone in the middle of reading a pdf document as a part of the learning process [rest of sentence]?

OR

Hi

I am conducting a survey. Is anyone in the middle of reading a pdf document as a part of the learning process?

you are correct. I am not a native English speaker, so I may choose the wrong words sometimes, but hey, I was still understood ! :o

I am really trying to understand if there are med students in this forum, or only med candidates.

there are premeds, meds and also a few residents.

and when you (meds) looking for medical information, such as articles, publications, books, where do you go? to the library? internet? paid-subscription?

(this is most probably relevant only from 3rd year)

thanks...

and when you (meds) looking for medical information, such as articles, publications, books, where do you go? to the library? internet? paid-subscription?

(this is most probably relevant only from 3rd year)

thanks...

1-My textbooks

2-Paid subscriptions that are available for free by the school if you're a med student : NEJM, UpToDate

3-Wikipedia

4-Maybe then, if I didn't find anything, I'll consider going to the library...

you are correct. I am not a native English speaker, so I may choose the wrong words sometimes, but hey, I was still understood ! :o

I am really trying to understand if there are med students in this forum, or only med candidates.

I understand. Neither am I.

I't just that the question was ambiguous.

1-My textbooks

2-Paid subscriptions that are available for free by the school if you're a med student : NEJM, UpToDate

3-Wikipedia

4-Maybe then, if I didn't find anything, I'll consider going to the library...

Ok, so with the paid subscription you download the pdfs ?

I understand. Neither am I.

I't just that the question was ambiguous.

Sorry about that...

:confused: you asked if anyone uses PDFs during the learning process but you meant to ask if premeds use this forum?

Because premeds do not usually work a lot with written material.

My main concern is to check an hypothesis about working with documents that other people wrote.

Would it be any good if someone, who was studying the same course as you, has tagged sections in the document while reading it, letting you access his tagging?

Yeah you can download pdfs for the articles on NEJM, but not for UpToDate I'm affraid. You can still copy/paste them on MS Word though.

Is the material copyrighted or freely available? (I am sorry if it looks like an inquery, but in eventually has a point, I promise! :) )

• 3 weeks later...

Most of my lecture powerpoints I convert them to PDF (just cause pdf is easier to write notes on mac -- preview has a nice function that lets me do that)

Most original articles you find through pubmed are in PDF

For the subscriptions that your school has, its got access to some online textbooks you can view directly online or download as pdf, but mostly they're just viewed directly online (e.g. MDconsult, Uptodate, accessmedicine etc)

I rarely use textbooks (at least not yet)

I think the ones you get through school subscriptions are copyrighted so you can't publish them but can use it for your school.

Archived