Premed 101 Forums

Should I be banned from the forums?

AtomSmasher5

Should I be allowed to stay on the forums?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Should I be allowed to stay on the forums?

• Yes
    • No
    • Unsure

I really don't know who you are, but if you're posting threads filled with hate against women you should probably leave. We get enough of it in our everyday life, and I for one just want to be treated as the same as one of the guys whenever possible.

Have you ever told someone you're a med student, and they said to you "you'll make a great nurse?"

Have you ever been told you were "prostituting yourself" because you work for your male partner's business?

Ever been kicked out of your home because you wanted to be a doctor and your family thought that nursing or teaching or popping out babies were the only "realistic" options?

I don't have time for that sort of thing here. I'm tired of dealing with it in my everyday life. If that's the way your old posts were, gtfo.

I'm not voting- the mods have made their decision. Done. Leave.

I think he should stay. Sure he's a bit lacking in tact,but he offers the sawdust of a dissenting opinion in a sea of politically correct vomitus.

Making the poll is a bit much. Really, who cares? The fact of the matter is that some of the mods here haven't really had enough life experience to see the world through dark lenses, and to see that some people share ideas with scornful disdain and not bouquets of daisies(a pretty harmless, plain flower). These people probably find George Carlin and Louis CK offensive, and much prefer the comedic stylings of Dane Cook or Brent Butt.

Plus some of the words that AtomS. uses are colorful to say the least. So colorful in fact that when read, simple minded readers will cease to use their frontal cortices to process the information, instead transferring this function over to the more primitive limbic system. With steam coming from their zealous ears, such readers will yell "misogynist!" and "knave!" in their minds, turned on by buzzwords rather than the messages within the passages.

I really don't know who you are, but if you're posting threads filled with hate against women you should probably leave. We get enough of it in our everyday life, and I for one just want to be treated as the same as one of the guys whenever possible.

Have you ever told someone you're a med student, and they said to you "you'll make a great nurse?"

Have you ever been told you were "prostituting yourself" because you work for your male partner's business?

Ever been kicked out of your home because you wanted to be a doctor and your family thought that nursing or teaching or popping out babies were the only "realistic" options?

I don't have time for that sort of thing here. I'm tired of dealing with it in my everyday life. If that's the way your old posts were, gtfo.

I'm not voting- the mods have made their decision. Done. Leave.

I really feel remorse for the way you were treated. Your sex should have very little to do with how you are treated in society or what you can achieve that is traditionally merit based.

But that shouldn't stop people from sharing their opinions, even if they are hurtful to you or you disagree with them or if they are delivered in such a way that makes you angry. Take the high road.

I think he should stay. Sure he's a bit lacking in tact,but he offers the sawdust of a dissenting opinion in a sea of politically correct vomitus.

Making the poll is a bit much. Really, who cares? The fact of the matter is that some of the mods here haven't really had enough life experience to see the world through dark lenses, and to see that some people share ideas with scornful disdain and not bouquets of daisies(a pretty harmless, plain flower). These people probably find George Carlin and Louis CK offensive, and much prefer the comedic stylings of Dane Cook or Brent Butt.

Plus some of the words that AtomS. uses are colorful to say the least. So colorful in fact that when read, simple minded readers will cease to use their frontal cortices to process the information, instead transferring this function over to the more primitive limbic system. With steam coming from their zealous ears, such readers will yell "misogynist!" and "knave!" in their minds, turned on by buzzwords rather than the messages within the passages.

You forgot to add in serratus

You have some very controversial views and an aversion to authority. That doesn't mean you should be banned; however, it does mean that you should consider an appropriate method for stating those views. For example, a political discussion website for debate of international conflict would be an excellent place to discuss issues such as the ones you have mentioned, rather than a website for students to discuss medical education in Canada. On a political debate website your posts may be viewed as constructive and contributory, whereas on this website they are viewed as irrelevant, offensive, and incendiary.

Debate of divisive issues is important, but this isn't the place for it if you aren't going to be respectful in my opinion.

I agree that the poll was a silly idea, but really I only posted it for kicks to be honest. It also demonstrates an interesting point concerning reconstructive memory.

A lot of people have mentioned that I posted hateful things. KaylaMonkey posted that I, using her own words, "posted threads with hate against women," for example. What's interesting about this, in an academic way, is that if you look through my posting history on AtomSmasher or AtomSmasher2, you'll find that no such sexist remarks have ever been made. You can prove this to yourself by reading through all of my posts in this topic, here: http://premed101.com/forums/search.php?searchid=1682796.'>http://premed101.com/forums/search.php?searchid=1682796. What happened here is what's called a recall error (in the context of reconstructive memory).

Memory is not simply like playing a video tape from the past. It is reconstructed from bits and pieces of information that you remember.

What KaylaMonkey was refering to was the topic in which I voiced my opinions on sex and gender roles, which were met with an uproar of disagreement (here, again: http://premed101.com/forums/search.php?searchid=1682796). She was likely deeply offended by this, and can only recall the emotion of being offended from the incident. She inferred, from these negative emotions, that I must have offended her. Why else could she have been so upset? When in fact, what caused the emotion of upseting her originally was that I posted the kind of dissenting opinion that feminists have been trying to silence for years.

Congratz Kayla, you just became part of a psychology demonstration.

Anyway, a similar thing happened with everyone else posting that I "attacked" people. I'll concede that the wording I used in many of my posts has been inflammatory, but I never insulted anybody. Feeling offended at what you read is a choice... a decision that I am not responsible for, no matter what I write.

I could see personal attacks being something a forum moderator could justifiably ban me for. But banning someone for posting a so called "inflammatory" opinion is just plain censorship. That what they did 500 years ago. "So Galileo, you think the world revolves around the sun? Time to die!"

The mod's decision to ban me is symbolic of the horrible death that freedom of speech is dying today in society. 500 years of progress in establishing freedom of speech has been destroyed in one fell swoop, with "Hate Speech" laws, which are being extended today (and in this specific situation) to mean holding a minority viewpoint that makes somebody angry.

I agree that the poll was a silly idea, but really I only posted it for kicks to be honest......

I could see personal attacks being something a forum moderator could justifiably ban me for. But banning someone for posting a so called "inflammatory" opinion is just plain censorship. That what they did 500 years ago. "So Galileo, you think the world revolves around the sun? Time to die!"

The mod's decision to ban me is symbolic of the horrible death that freedom of speech is dying today in society.

I don't know what planet you live on but inflammatory posts of any kind for any reason are more thanhj sufficien reason for a banning! This forum exists for a reason and inflammatory posts are way out of bounds. If this constitues censorship in your opinion, you are entitled to your opinion and the mods must enforce the rules. You posted this thread and post just for kicks you say, however, after a total of 3 days, you agreed to leave here forever. I guess you will be banned again if you do not keep your word.

nah, you're right, you shouldn't be banned for being inflammatory, you should be banned because as they say about hot young blonds, they're "young, dumb, and full of fun :) ." you just inane generalizations, tell people they are premature sperm buckets, don't give any evidence or any real depth to anything you say, and you have the emotional iq of a retard, and the confidence of a little boy overwhelmed by the world who puts on a mask to hide their insecurities, even though they know deep down that they need to lose weight, put on some muscle, read a few books and talk to people in rl so they can hold a conversation, but i guess finishing med school will get you a hot 19 year hs drop out, so yeah i think banning people for being retarded dumb ass ****s is a good rule of thumb. wow, i made a post like yours, i tried to dumb it down a lot and not be overly offensive, but no matter how hard i try i can't come off as that stupid, but i'm pretty good at telling you you're a sexist, ignorant, and stupid pussy ass mother ****er that would get his face stomped in if you said some of this stuff to people in real life... ooops, did i insult you, i'm sorry, it is my right after all, isn't it

RULE:

If you are hot AND:

- a guy is talking to you

- a guy asks you to hang out

- a guy is friends with you

then he wants to **** you.

The quality/quantity of men a woman gets is directly proportional to her looks. Make yourself look good, follow the above rule, and they will come

The fact is that 70% of a man's attaction to a woman comes from her looks. The other 20% is in how likely he perceives the woman is to sleep with him, and the remaining 10% is from factors like intelligence, class, etc. Note that these are estimations based on over 25 years of being male, and having talked about women with countless other males.

Beauty is not in the eye of the beholder, that has been discovered years ago. We've taken pictures of white women to countries in Africa where the men there have never even seen a white woman before. The women they selected as most attractive correlated with our choices with an r value of something like 0.95. Beauty is universal, not in the eye of the beholder.

Having problems figuring out how attractive you are? Go to Hotornot.com, post your picture, and get rated.

If you find you're ugly, you need to change. Get into shape. The idea body mass index for a woman is something like 18-22. You can find calculators for this on the internet. If you're too skinny, gain weight. If you're too fat, lose weight. If you have small breasts or a big nose, get plastic surgery. Get accutane if you have bad acne.

As for other things like making your hair prettier or wearing nicer clothes, that stuff only works if you are already decently attractive. If you're a fat piece of ****, you could be done up like a supermodel, and no guy would look twice at you.

This is a minor thing, but a woman's voice matters too. If you talk in a deep/low pitched voice, or a throaty voice, quit it. Get voice coaching. Try to act bubbly and energetic - it shows that a woman is young and healthy enough to look after children. Note that this does NOT mean that a woman's personality matters - this only refers to voice tonality. In fact, it matters for nearly ZERO.

As for talking to a guy you're interested in, just act like you think he's the sexiest guy in the world. Make eye contact, stand with your feet together, face him, touch him on the arm, compliment him, be submissive to his requests, etc. Basically, act like a real woman (i.e. a pre-feminism woman)

I'd just like to elaborate one what I said about a woman's personality mattering for zero. Technically, personality does matter, but in practice, it doesn't. The only time personality matters for a woman is when she's acting like a rude, cold, *****. But the thing is, 99% of women have the common sense to not act this way around men they are interested in romantically. As for social skills, the fact is that women are FAR more socially savvy than men on average, especially the attractive women. So if a man is interested in you, the woman's social skills won't likely be an issue, so it's not something for a woman who has trouble with men to consider. The myth of the hot blonde bimbo who can't hold up a conversation because she's relied on her looks for too long, never needing to build up her social skills, is a lie. Attractive women get approached by MORE men, and MORE people want to be friends with them. So hot women have MORE opportunity to work on their social skills than their uglier friends.

1) Sex before marriage is not wrong. What about cultures where marriage doesn't exist? Are they going to hell? What did humans do to procreate before marriage was invented? Did they go to hell too? Your believe is irrational. Irrational beliefs must be eradicated.

2) Women lie about being virgins all the time. You're crying over spilt milk. There is nothing special about being a virgin.

3) Women cheat all the time. Most women will cheat on their long term boyfriends eventually. Women are biologically programmed to sleep with masculine men during the most fertile period of their menstrual cycle, but default to their long term boyfriend during their infertile periods. But this is actually a good thing, because you can always safely assume your girlfriend has cheated on you, which gives you a lisence to cheat on her.

4) I didn't read your whole original post, but this woman sounds like a scummy *****. You're a medical student. You are therefore high value by definition. High value men don't put up with bull ****. Dump her ass.

i agree, but the guy is annoying to read because he writes like he's 12 years old, i have a couple friends with aspergers, and they're nice people... but let's just say i avoid them when i can, because i don't want to hear some of the retarded **** they say, or, as you would say, the lack of tact in which they say what they say.

The ironic thing, muse, is that I am 100% right in each of the quotes of me that you posted. There was not a single instance of factual incorrectness in any of them. Not only was I 100% correct, but I didn't make personal attacks against anyone in them - you read them yourself, admit this. So why are you saying that I post like a 12 year old? Why are people calling for my banning for posting them?

It's because people don't want to know the truth. They want to maintain their happy, fuzzy worldviews of sunshine and lollypops. I'm a cynical bastard, and people need to protect themselves from the negative nature of the truth that strikes at their fragile worldview.

You want to know how I know was right in that topic, muse? Only frailty requires defence. The fact that people were acting as though I killed their parents after I figuratively took a sledge hammer to their silver mirror of a worldview on sex and romance proved it.

But I digress. Looks like I'm getting kicked out of here, despite a sizable group of people that enjoy my posts. Maybe I'll come back later under a new username. But TBH, I have to worry about more important things like specialty gunning, so that might not be for a while haha. **** carms.

cool, im a bit of an *******, excuse me! dude, you're just annoying, and obnoxious. it's like high school when people exclude the annoying loser who isn't enjoyable to be around, that's real life, and if you're such a realist, you'd see that what i'm saying is exactly true, you can argue about rights all day, but they don't really exist, like you said.

i don't give a **** if you're right or not, and all your evolutionary psych **** you pull out of your ass is crap too, i've taken enough classes and looked at the funny stats and construct variables, and conclusions they draw to know how full of **** that crap it.

i'm not really a sunshine and flowers kind of guy, i have no problems with cheating, using drugs, i'm probably one of the most "unethical by slave morality (think jesus and turning the other cheek)" guys you'll meet.

that's cool your specialty gunning, medicine seemed pretty lame to me so i quit, but that's cool that your settling for something, most people eventually do.

so a good idea is just to stfu, **** off, and get some rl friends, sounds good, good!

oh, did that piss you off, sorry. you know what a good long term relationship is, best friends with sexual chemistry, romance and all that ****, not for me, but i'm into relationships where people are free to have sex with other people... oops, guess that's not a "flowery" worldview

The ironic thing, muse, is that I am 100% right in each of the quotes of me that you posted. There was not a single instance of factual incorrectness in any of them. Not only was I 100% correct, but I didn't make personal attacks against anyone in them - you read them yourself, admit this. So why are you saying that I post like a 12 year old? Why are people calling for my banning for posting them?

It's because people don't want to know the truth. They want to maintain their happy, fuzzy worldviews of sunshine and lollypops. I'm a cynical bastard, and people need to protect themselves from the negative nature of the truth that strikes at their fragile worldview.

You want to know how I know was right in that topic, muse? Only frailty requires defence. The fact that people were acting as though I killed their parents after I figuratively took a sledge hammer to their silver mirror of a worldview on sex and romance proved it.

But I digress. Looks like I'm getting kicked out of here, despite a sizable group of people that enjoy my posts. Maybe I'll come back later under a new username. But TBH, I have to worry about more important things like specialty gunning, so that might not be for a while haha. **** carms.

I have banned some of your accounts as well, if your complaints are directed at tooty.

Based on your posting and registration information, your accounts aren't limited to atomsmasher but also other user names that have made comments that were clearly racially inappropriate.

There are lots of fairly controversial members that are allowed to express their opinions and don't get banned doing so because they don't go way over the line or consistently offend other members.

We don't use IP banning, so if you come back with a different user name and aren't so inflammatory that you get multiple complaints, you'll be able to post without anyone thinking to ban you. However, based on posts made by your past accounts, and this current poll, I will continue to ban atomsmasher accounts.

I hope it's clear to the rest of the premed101 users, that you won't be punished for merely for expressing an alternative or controversial view, but action will be taken when posts are excessively mean spirited, threatening and racially or culturally insensitive among other things.

With that, I'm closing this thread and banning atomsmashers most recent account. Please feel free to PM me with questions.

Archived