Premed 101 Forums

waiting lists - HELP!!!!!!!!

Guest yohetti

Guest yohetti

sorry, i need some advice: so i've been placed on a wait-list; apparently this school has an "unranked" list, and the list is above 30 applicants. i have been told that i should just "sit back and wait", but i have read somewhere that some people take "aggressive measures" and actually bug the school on a rather frequent basis. how can i get off wait-list purgatory?!!!!! :(

(thanks to those who will answer my silly question!)

(sorry for previous post....hit the "enter" button by mistake)

Guest PeterHill0501

yohetti,

I'm no expert, however, from what I've heard there's nothing at this point that will affect your position on the list...with the exception of people above you rejecting the school you're on the wait list for. I would suggest that bugging the school might just irritate them rather than helping you in any fashion. I feel for you...I'm hoping to either get an immediate acceptance, outright rejection or a very swift...get off the waitlist. I've actually heard about people getting offers as late as a few weeks INTO the school year.

Good luck.

Peter

Guest UWOMED2005

I can back that perspective up as well. There isn't anything you can do at this point to change the outcome, but do take comfort in the fact waitlists move. UWO last year ended up sending out about ?189? acceptances for 118 spots last year, right up until the last week of August. That's roughly 71 people who came in off the waitlist!

Guest yohetti

you guys are amazing and prompt (unlike some schools!). :P

thanks for getting back to me; i guess all i have to do is sit on my laurels and wait!

thanks!

yohetti

Archived