Premed 101 Forums

Question regarding match

Man_2ba

When it comes to program ranking us. Everyone is telling me the Interview the single important rankling factor in Canada.

So we write a PS, CV, hand in LOR to be selected, after we have an Interview and based on the Interview we are ranked for Family Medicine.

So Interview is the ranking factor for Family Medicine ?

Your ranking is based on a combined score from your interview, PS, CV, LORs etc etc etc....

The weight given to each component is different for each program.

Just do your best and stop worrying about things your friends say.

I have a spelling mistake on my personal statement. What will this do to me for Family Medicine ranking

I have a spelling mistake on my personal statement. What will this do to me for Family Medicine ranking

I don't know if you're serious or not but 1-2 or even 5 spelling mistakes in a personal statement doesn't make any difference. You should worry if your text was riddled with mistakes. Most people on the committee will probably spend less than 2 minutes on your personal statement (especially for family since they get so many applications).

I don't know if you're serious or not but 1-2 or even 5 spelling mistakes in a personal statement doesn't make any difference. You should worry if your text was riddled with mistakes. Most people on the committee will probably spend less than 2 minutes on your personal statement (especially for family since they get so many applications).

I am so serious, I have spelled managed [mange]. I got interviews but I am scared it will cause me to be ranked lower.

I think maybe is the fact i have not slept for 2 days

sounds like it is stressing you out! I remember when I had a small spelling mistake on my med school application - knowing it was there was a unneeded annoyance.

but it is the overall impression you give that I think they care about. One spelling mistake will not likely be the reason for any problems - worrying about it to the distraction to everything else however will ultimately harm you. Don't make it a self fufilling prophecy :)

no , I just cant stop thinking about this. I read my PS 10X, but I just noticed it now

Trust me, if you've noticed your mistake only after having read your text 10X, do you think that they'll notice it after reading it once at light-speed? And if they do notice it they won't care anyway.

Archived