Premed 101 Forums

Third year abroad and application to PT/OT

hi all

i am thinking of applying for PT/OT, but i went abroad to sweden last year(3rd year) and the grades were calculated under the ECTS system of europe.

but for my transcript at my home school, all i get is a pass/fail.

I just finished my first semester.. and unfortunately it did not go so well.. but my 2nd and 1st year r good.. so my question is how does this work for me in the application process?

I don't know much about PT, but with OT I may help. Most schools calculate your final 2 years (with the exception of Queen's and McGill, which are more holistic and look at all years). So if you didn't do too well, you may want to look at upgrading. Specifics may help here too...there's a difference between not doing to well overall (say 2.3) and not doing to well in regards to the competitive GPA for admission (say 3.0, as most require a 3.5 to be competitive, minimum). Depending on which it is, you may just have to do awesome in your final semester, or do awesome and take subsequent courses next year.

Just to clarify - you just finished your first semester of your final year?

I would call the admission offices to the schools you want to apply to and ask them, since your situation seems very specific.

Hope that helps!

Well, 1 of my course is absolutely terrible(56).. I donno how it happened.. but it did. My other course are Ok, averaging about 85ish..

currently my cgpa is about 7 out 9.. which isnt terrible, but its not all that great either. looking to boost it up maybe to a 7.5 after this semester..

i guess ill call them up and ask! thanks!!

Archived