Premed 101 Forums

Are you a Yorkie Premed? (York Premed Discussion)

charmer08

Are you a Yorkie?  

205 members have voted

1. 1. Are you a Yorkie?

• Yes
    • No

What's the difficulty level? People have said the lab component is a real killer. Maybe I'll take microbiology instead.

I never had a problem with the lab reports I think I got 90 on all 3 of them, my TA was Nick and i thought he was fair. You have a lab test at the end of the term, I thought that was pretty fair too. 

Microbiology lab components are killer, you have to go back to the lab and check on your bacteria practically every week and you sometimes spent an hour counting your colonies and such. Also there are something like 10 assignments in microbiology, the lab component is a lot of work. The assignments aren't full lab reports, you only have to do 1 or 2 of those but it gets really annoying. 

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Has anyone been able to gather any info on how the bargaining went today? I can't even find a single comment on twitter about it.

Some rumours that it went well. I heard someone else say that the employer is very close to the demans made by the contract faculty, but has yet to budge on the GA and TA demands. They're still at the bargaining table; meeting was supposed to end at 5, but they're still at it.

This says it all right here:

"There’s a very small percentage of our members that are crossing picket lines,” Craig Smith, The Canadian Union of Public Employees (CUPE) 3902’s outreach coordinator, says. 'We know that the majority of them are from hard sciences.'"

Archived