Premed 101 Forums

UofT Interview discussion - 2012

I'm wondering this too... the PhD student a few years back in my lab didn't get anything until he was finished - 6 years later.

I guess it depends on how exactly they determine "research productivity". I assume it can't all be resting on publications. Not sure what else I could've put on my sketch to show how productive I've been other than my current M.Sc. project... :( I imagine your letters maybe have a lot to do with how "productive" you have been too?? :confused:

I was thinking conferences, working as an RA, but I did not consider letters. I certainly wasn't ahead of the game in terms of normal productivity, but I had definitely not fallen behind.

• Replies 381
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So last time there was a rejection, Deborah said they sent out about 600 rejections l

any news on how many were given out this last tuesdsy?

No clue really because Deborah said she's not going to update us every time an invite/rejection goes out. So it comes down to speculation!

So last time there was a rejection, Deborah said they sent out about 600 rejections l

From the blog comments:

Hi Deborah,

I was just wondering if you would be able to give an update as to approximately how many invites and rejections have been given out at this point. Also if you could let us know approximately what fraction of files have yet to be reviewed that would be great. Thanks so much!!

on February 8, 2012 at 1:00 pm | Reply utmedadmissions

Hi Mark. Sorry, but no. We are working hard and will have everything done according to plan (i.e., all notification by end March)

jespere

how many invites/regrets were sent today? Thanks

on February 8, 2012 at 10:57 am | Reply utmedadmissions

I don’t know. I won’t be updating at this level of detail. Just know that we’ll keep notifying as we are able. We are pushing forward.

Nobody knows. If you're meant to get an invite or rejection, you will get one- it doesn't matter how many have been invited/rejected already.

• 2 weeks later...

Deborah said that the rejections and invites are going to be slowly trickling out until the end of March, until they finish reviewing all the files. They inform you as they make decisions. I remember reading somewhere recently that there is still a big pile of files that have not been touched. Don't play the numbers game! If you're a good candidate you will get an invite, regardless of the number of invites/regrets before they get to your file.

Deborah said they were conducting grad file reviews friday.... perhaps monday will bring news to grad applicants....good luck

I'm freaking out here. Do you think this means that they reviewed all the files on Friday? So if I didn't get an invite on Friday that would mean I'm in the ax-pile?

• 2 weeks later...

Wow, that is a pretty sweet bursary they're offering:

A total of six bursaries will be available to students entering the MD program in September 2012. Successful candidates will be provided with bursary funding in the amount of $20,000 during the first year of study in the MD program and additional bursary assistance of $10,000 in each of the second, third and fourth year of study. Grants will be paid during the fall term prior to the deadline of payment for fees. Students must meet all admission conditions and registration requirements before any payment will be released.

• 2 weeks later...
Kind of an unrelated question - but can those who received regrets tell if they use gmail? I am concerned that the email went in the spam and was deleted before I started checking my spam folder recently. Thanks!!!

This is too funny, I'm worried about this as well! I think someone posted somewhere that gmail is safe but I'm not sure.

I'm glad it's not just me!

Haha, sometimes I feel like a crazy person! I saw that post but I think that person got an invite (so that would be from Leslie). I am just wondering if Deborah's emails are going through gmail ok. I would just really hate if I spent this whole time hoping and waiting for no reason.

This process is really making me paranoid! If anyone knows I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks!!!

this wait is ridic

uofc has a pretty throrough/"hollistic" process for IP students and they got back to everyone in late January

I know the wait is ridicuous! U of C is pretty thorough I agree, but they do narrow it down first by GPA and verbal score whereas Toronto looks at every applicant's file.

Anyways just twoish weeks left!

Archived