Premed 101 Forums

UofT Interview discussion - 2012

I am pretty nervous for two weeks from now. I think there are pretty good odds that we will hear something in the first round of notifications (only because the first round was 1/3 of all applicants last year).

How many of those first notifications will be invites do you think?

• Replies 381
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Interviews did not go out this soon last year. Just remember that the last interview day is in late April, for which invites will likely go out in early April. Do not stress yourself because you might have to wait 4 months before hearing anything. I wasted a heck a lot of time on the U of T premed101 forum and refreshing my e-mail last year...then got rejected - I have to classify that time as the lowest point in my life :(

Last year a large batch of rejections were sent out in the first wave. I wonder if it'll be the same this year?

As a previous poster said, try not to stress. It could be awhile before you hear. There is no use driving yourself crazy and living on edge for the better part of three months.

Also matters when your refs handed in their forms. If they didn't until near the Dec 1 deadline you may be in the latter group. The majority of invites/rejections go out near the start don't they?

From the UT admissions blog: "We do review as applications arrive, so having letters arrive later will certainly increase the likelihood of a later notification. But, just because all of your pieces arrived at OMSAS early, doesn’t mean we received it in our office equally early. As well, so many people get all of their pieces in early, it takes us a lot of time to sift through everything.

You really could hear from us anywhere from late Jan to late March/early April. Sorry!"

Also matters when your refs handed in their forms. If they didn't until near the Dec 1 deadline you may be in the latter group. The majority of invites/rejections go out near the start don't they?

Not entirely true...one of my refs sent in the letter in the last week of november and I was part of the 2nd interview weekend last year :confused: . You can't predict this stuff at all! Focus on what you're doing now and try not to spend so much energy on waiting for interviews :) (ok...easier said than done...)

Was it Leslie that sent the good news and Deborah the bad? Also do rejections go out on the same day ?

Deborah mentioned on twitter that they will probably send a big batch of rejections out sometime next week. I feel like this week is going to go by soooo slow! Best of luck to everyone!

Archived