Premed 101 Forums

UofT Interview discussion - 2012

• Replies 381
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Agreed - I'm surprised if not skeptical that there is only one person posting about their invite. There is also no update on twitter or the blog about invites starting to go out - isn't the office closed at this time?

Believe what you want, my email time stamp was 4:32pm. I sincerely hope this wasn't some sort of mistake ala Queens last year...

Large enough so that no news is good news?

Not necessarily- it just means your file hasn't been reviewed yet, I guess. U of T admissions only (fully) reviews about ~1600 files (this is from a couple of years ago) out of ~3000+ applications. The first huge batch of rejections would comprise of applications they haven't bothered to look at+ applications with full file review which didn't meet interview standards... they continue file reviews until march-april, which is why invites/regrets continue until then, and they pretty much send them as soon as they get file review results.

I think any analysis at this point is pretty futile- a few invites went out. There will likely be more tomorrow as well as possibly rejections. Nothing really means anything. Your personal chance of interview can't be assessed from what's out so far.

Archived