Premed 101 Forums

Working out

check212

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I make time to work out at least once a day, be it weights 3x a week or cardio/swimming 5-6x. Sometimes I go early in the morning before class. When I have classes am and pm I go in between. Even if I don't have school, I go train in the morning and then come home and study. It's just too important for my well being.

Michelle is a classic example. She was a competitive swimmer and i'm guessing trainimg consisted of near 30+hrs/week? Not only did she make the time for that but she managed an undergrad, masters and part of a PhD and is now in med school.

Its doable. Everything is doable, its just a matter of how much it matters to you and if it doesn't matter *that* much to you then thats fine but dont whine, complain or deflect.

Its doable. Everything is doable, its just a matter of how much it matters to you.

Yes. It comes down to time management and priorities. In UG, my ECs/volunteering was between 20-30 hours weekly. It was not a problem. In med school, my ECs/volunteering at a much reduced level and continue to be a healthy outlet, including the athletic activities.

Michelle is a classic example. She was a competitive swimmer and i'm guessing trainimg consisted of near 30+hrs/week? Not only did she make the time for that but she managed an undergrad, masters and part of a PhD and is now in med school.

Its doable. Everything is doable, its just a matter of how much it matters to you and if it doesn't matter *that* much to you then thats fine but dont whine, complain or deflect.

lol @ that

25 hours of lecture, 25 hours of studying, 30 hours of training.

I'd rather not. You can have fun putting in 80 hours weeks though, by all means, be my guest. I won't though. :)

lol @ that

25 hours of lecture, 25 hours of studying, 30 hours of training.

I'd rather not. You can have fun putting in 80 hours weeks though, by all means, be my guest. I won't though. :)

LOL all you want... I would do it all over again anytime! During that time I made friends and traveled around the world with the national swim team. It made me who I am and I wouldn't trade for all the gold in the world.

P.S. Shut your piehole retard. Who's whining? I'm saying there's no time based on my study schedule. It's not a matter of "how bad do you want it". It's a matter of how many useable hours are in a day. If I'm studying 25 hours and putting in 25 hours of school,, that's a 50 hours week. Why am I going to add another 10 hours of working out that would hinder what I'm at school for?!?

People on here are really a lot stupider than I gave them credit for. Correction, only you and a couple people who post with you.

LOL all you want... I would do it all over again anytime! During that time I made friends and traveled around the world with the national swim team. It made me who I am and I wouldn't trade for all the gold in the world.

Good for you? I should be happy you made friends?

Btw, how many times did you WIN ? Lol. Putting all that time is great, but if you don't win anything, then you're just a consolation prize mantel.

Btw, how many times did you WIN ? Lol. Putting all that time is great, but if you don't win anything, then you're just a consolation prize mantel.

You really are an idiot... I'm not even bothering to answer that. How about you don't ask questions here if you're not interested in people's replies?

You really are an idiot... I'm not even bothering to answer that. How about you don't ask questions here if you're not interested in people's replies?

Not sure i've ever seen you call someone out before. Really says something about this person given some of the characters this forum has attracted recently.

P.S. Shut your piehole retard. Who's whining? I'm saying there's no time based on my study schedule. It's not a matter of "how bad do you want it". It's a matter of how many useable hours are in a day. If I'm studying 25 hours and putting in 25 hours of school,, that's a 50 hours week. Why am I going to add another 10 hours of working out that would hinder what I'm at school for?!?

People on here are really a lot stupider than I gave them credit for. Correction, only you and a couple people who post with you.

I suggest that you refrain from making more posts like these. You're lashing out at people who are giving decent advice to your own question in your own thread. Looks like you'd rather make excuses than work out. So don't work out. If you continue to antagonize people tho, we're going to have a problem.

I suggest that you refrain from making more posts like these. You're lashing out at people who are giving decent advice to your own question in your own thread. Looks like you'd rather make excuses than work out. So don't work out. If you continue to antagonize people tho, we're going to have a problem.

Don't forget:

No, they're not. You like plain caker girls. At least go for Euro if you're gonna stick to purely white chicks. Cakers are just dirt.

Dude, one of a few possibilities, and I hope you don't take em personally.

1. You're not gettin play so you're hatin

2. You're gay

3. You're some sort of serial killer wanting to kill the females

And more than a few others

They're just saying that if you can't manage to squeeze in a little time for your health, then you need to reconsider a few things...

Okay, we can cool it. I believe the user in question has been given a 10 day suspension for name-calling (I swear, some days I feel like a grade-school principal.)

Maybe we can get back on the topic at hand: work/life balance stuff.

+++

There are some people impressively hard-core people on this forum.

But in terms of overall health (mental and physical) you don't even have to be that intense.

That

I linked to earlier suggested that even 30min a day (3.5h/week) is enough to significantly improve health outcomes and overall quality of life (the return on investment seems to drop when you get closer/exceeding 1h/day in terms of adult preventative health).

Those 30min could be as simple as walking to/from school every day + 10min of walking the dog or whatever.

... that even 30min a day (3.5h/week) is enough to significantly improve health outcomes and overall quality of life (the return on investment seems to drop when you get closer/exceeding 1h/day in terms of adult preventative health).

Those 30min could be as simple as walking to/from school every day + 10min of walking the dog or whatever.

Absolutely agree! Any exercise helps clear your body and brain too I think.

OPA/CPF. I don't compete in bodybuilding, anyone who works out seriously and has aesthetics as part of their goal, can call themselves a bodybuilder.

Cool! OPA is good and at leastyou know what you're competing against.

CPF is a solid org. Tons of them around now days, way more than there was 15 years ago.

Medigeek, you competed with OPA? How do you find that org to be? Also, when you said CFA, did you mean CBBF? I have never heard of CFA.

OPA is a solid org. Very competitive so if you're looking to see how you stack up against solid competition, that's the stream to do it in.

They're trying to grow and have just landed GNC as a sponsor so that should help out.

CPF is a powerlifting federation.

Archived