Premed 101 Forums

Point in the right direction

Koros

First off, I apologize if this isn't the right place to post this, but I was hoping someone could answer my question or point me in the right direction.

Someone I know, doesn't matter who, came from Israel and held an MD there, he also held an MD in Kazakhstan. Is there any way for MDs from other countries aside from US to be counted in Canada? or does this person have to go through studying, writing exams and residency again?

Cheers,

Koros

First off, I apologize if this isn't the right place to post this, but I was hoping someone could answer my question or point me in the right direction.

Someone I know, doesn't matter who, came from Israel and held an MD there, he also held an MD in Kazakhstan. Is there any way for MDs from other countries aside from US to be counted in Canada? or does this person have to go through studying, writing exams and residency again?

Cheers,

Koros

Everyone who wants to become a doctor has to pass the exam, ie writing exam and residency exam. Your foreign training can waive your study time in Canada, but it also cause more difficulty during the match step so eventually its very hard to get licenced in Canada for foreign trained MDs.

• 2 months later...

Archived